Quakerz wrote:
The first half was even until Williams scored, and it was offside (I was in line with it), great finish though, and that was the difference between the teams in the first half. I actually thought at that point that we may get something from the match, because truthfully we weren't playing badly and there didn't appear to be a lot between the sides.
Second half, unbelievable finish for a goal out of nothing by Williams (does he only do that v Darlo?), 2-0, 52 minutes, well a team 21 unbeaten with such a solid backbone was NEVER going to lose from there.
That broke our backs and from then on you dominated, although I thought we played very poorly from 2-0.
And just to sum it up, Tommy Wright misses an open goal after a fantastic double save from Dimi. 1-3 would have sounded better than 0-3, and I can't comprehend how he missed.
I will say this. Without being spectacular you look an extremely strong side with no weaknesses at all. The best in this League by a country mile and perhaps the best I have ever seen (not for Brazilian style football, but for complete efficiency etc).
I can't see you losing again this season, and I think you will be formidable in L1 without any additions.
You dicked us on our own patch 3-0, and we had just gone 13 unbeaten with a manager that knows what he is doing, shows the difference in class between Pools and the rest of L2.
And no it didn't hurt to say it, I always try and tell it how it is.
Also, a fantastic sight to see 3,750 Poolies behind one goal instead of an almost completely empty stand.
Nice of you to say so Mr Q

- I was concerned for the first half hour, very evenly matched, your two wingers gave Humphries & Barron a real hard time for a while, once we scored however it looked like there was only going to be one result