Pooliekev wrote:
Got a message saying 'death.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Well I've been getting these similar things saying 'svchost.exe has...ect etc'
Anyway, smelling a bit of a rat with death.exe, I ran a virus scan and it came up with three problems, two of which it quarantined and one which it won't in the System32 files. Something like /mccdll. Try to quarantine it and it denies access, same with cleaning it. It's called Infostealer.gamos.
The only thing its arsing around with seems to be the games module but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Can I get rid of the bastid or do I admit defeat and re-install windows??
check out what it is death.exe = virus
http://www.glocksoft.com/trojan_list/Lamers_Death.htm
if you are missing '.dll' files or you think they are corrupt go to
http://www.dll-files.com and find the exact one there and make sure you put it on your desktop then find you system32 file and put it in there to replace the corrupt one!
Hope that helps, a little bit!