loyal_fan wrote:
In terms of asking price?
He's said he's basically done come season end--let's take him at his word.
Surely the value of the club only goes down from there?
Whether he's loaned the club a 1 quid, 10 quid or a million quid is moot, as that money has gone unless someone pays him back?
I suppose he could liquidate what is left and get some money back, but we don't really have anything of value--maybe some season ticket money (but who would buy one with no games guaranteed) and maybe some money from TV rights....but what else?
All he really has is the hope someone will pay him money for the club so it doesn't go under... so really a goodwill payment as it doesn't have any intrinsic value.
We go into admin and Raj loses pretty much everything as well.
What am I missing ?
I don't think you're missing anything. The club clearly isn't worth what he wants for it, otherwise it would've sold at any point since he put the club up for sale in 2023. I think it's fairly obvious he wants all of his money back, exactly the same as he did at Darlington, which isn't going to happen. I guess he's hoping someone will now agree to it seen as if they don't the club will go under so he's using the emotional leverage (if you want to call it that). Whether he follows through with his threat remains to be seen but he will get much less money back if the club goes into admin and even less if he liquidates the club.
It might just be a 'look no ones coming in so I'll be your saviour again and you can blame the trust for all the hassle I've caused you' or it could be him doing what he did to Darlington and being willing to lose the majority of the money he has tied up in the club to spite the 'non-genuine fans'. Any normal businessman who has wanted out for 2 years probably would've cut his losses and sold straight after relegation, recouping a decent chunk in the process, but I don't think Raj Singh can be described as a normal business man.
Either way if I truly cared for a community asset, like Pools, that I owned, I wouldn't be threatening it's existence because of some hurty words, or people saying I'm not doing a good job. There hasn't even been a protest against him, it's literally just some critical HUST statements and probably less than 50 fans on social media.