My ancestors had arrived in Newcastle from Ireland, but dad eventually decided to leave for south Yorkshire because work was so scarce on the durham seams. He had an offer of employment at Markham Main Colliery in Armthorpe, but it wasn't exactly a life of luxury in our little terraced house. We had a detached outhouse where we washed. Our bath was an old zinc tub, and the toilet was at the foot of the garden. It used to take an age to fill the bath by boiling water on gas rings, and we never had electricity until I was 10 and we moved into a council house in Balby, the suburb of Doncaster where they filmed "open all hours" at a shop - a hairdressers salon, in Lister Street. I was actually born at my my aunt Nellie's house at 32 Elm Place in Armthorpe on Valentines Day 1951 because she had electricity, and that made it safer for childbirth. I was christened Joseph - named after my father, in a family tradition, though I never heard anyone call me that until the register was read out on my first day of school. I had no idea it was me and assumed it must be another boy with the same surname.
???
No googling...if you do you are a WANKER!!!
Winner has next go.