Snowy wrote:
We have mainline train syndrome here…people whose allegiance to a party is absolute, no matter what the party does is right even when it’s wrong and will always stick to the party line…like facist and communists their politics is absolute.
The whole idea of voting is to vote for the candidate who offers the best options for you, not absorb everything the Party says regardless.
I always find it a bit Orwellian.
Always treat all politicians like snake oil salesmen and enjoy slagging them off, voted for all of them and they all act like bulls on Viagra when they get a sniff of power….they’ll shaft anybody.
I hold my nose and mark the ballot paper.
Starmer for Country and Brash for Hartlepool offered the best options for me after 14 years of shithousery. Is that good enough for you?? Mind you I think I'm getting more Liberal as I get older...unlike a lot who turn to the right as they get older.
But good news on the horizon....a very high % of the young'uns are on the left.
Couple of years ago 4 of us went to a sell-out Jamie Webster gig in Newcastle...after every song the chant of 'Fuck the Tories' was bellowed out by everyone there....music to my ears (pardon the pun).
BTW...I'd say 90% of the audience was at least 25 years younger than me. LOVE IT!!
