parmopooly wrote:
I thought about this long and hard the other day. If Pools EVER built a stadium comparable to that, I would stop going. It would be embarrassing. Delusions of grandeur is one thing, but that situation is tragic (even though it's THEM). I much prefer a bouncing, full Victoria Ground (I know I'm biased), but Feethams was their spiritual home and if you asked them all, I'm willing to bet 99% of them would have it back tomorrow if they could.
you know what........I believe some, a lot, of them are soooo deluded they actually wouldnt go back to feethams.
They love their stadium. Dont let them make you think otherwise.
On a personal level, I would hate my match day experience to consist of having to drive almost out of town, and then have to drink inside the stadium, without being able to go to a pub full of footy fans first.
This stadium, is everything that is wrong with football today. They arent alone either.
Many premiership clubs have done the samwe thing.
OK, they fill theirs, but the match day experience is still shiit.
and the last premiership match you went to was?................