Mr Madjohn
From my own personal point of view long runs are only important in relation to the end product they achieve. So I tend to relegate those that are spread over two seasons to the category of "of additional interest".
Of course when you get runs lasting forty games or more (or home/away runs lasting half that), they're almost bound to spread over two seasons but in such cases they have impact in both.
Anyway, my main question is, did you look at the post I put up a week or more ago on long mostly-winning sequences?
http://pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/vie ... php?t=3961
That Tottenham run is in there (with its first two wins truncated of course ;) ).
So can your database-burrowing skills add any more examples to those I gave?
I know the definition is a subjective one, but what do we have to do to make this run into the most successful sustained run of results in football history? Is it doable?