chip fireball wrote:
aye the field mice for starters.
im listening to the "new" sonic youth album mr hawklord. its not new per se, simply a collection of b sides and rarities cobbled together to boost the geffen coffers.
its bobbins. by their standards anyhow.
mr elves your lizzy has got bass player written all over her.
god knows what our jasmin is gonna do like. she has her fathers musical genes im afraid. tone deaf and cant keep time.
I still love Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth and mostly everything after that as well. I've been listening to Melt Banana today - your mention of the Peel sessions reminded me of seeing them live there - one of the most exciting sessions - there were about 50 people crammed into the tiny Maida Vale studio - the bass guitar was bigger than the bass guitarist and we were sat by her. The guitarist had more effects gadgets than most music shops. Peelie was like a proud dad that night, watching the band that he had solely championed put on an excellent show.
From your description, Jasmin sounds like a 'natural'. I'd go for a female version of the Fall.