|
I went along last night, at my lowest Poolie ebb for a long time, but since I don't get too many opportunities to see them 'live', couldn't not go.
Also managed to get there late and just got in as we scored, thought ritchie had got it from the reaction. The PA was a joke, ex railway station system I reckon, never understood one message all game.
Thought Ritchie had a great first half, in both halves of the pitch and the back four in general were pretty solid. There were a couple of hairy moments from crosses, one in which Nelson or Clark managed to deflect the ball onto the post, before Dimi gathered it in.
The midfield is still disappointing to me, don't rate Ali G, gets the occassional cross in but he always has to curl it round or over his marker because he can't get past him. Liddle works hard but doesn't live up to the reputation he made for himself with his early performances.
Monkhouse, again was a disappointment for me, made a couple of decent defensive headers but again seemed unable to beat his man on the outside. Boland was the star of the show for me, winning important tackles throughout the game and playing simple balls and for his age put many of the younger lads to shame with his not stop running.
Up front Duffy seems to have plenty of tricks, but needs a big man to play off, Eiffion gives bags of effort , but I have to agree with some recent posts I've read, he is not the player of old.
Foley looked good, when he came on , good control and bags of pace, had two good chances (probably our best of the whole game) which were both goal bound, until blocked.
Not sure whether bringing him on late against tiring legs is not the best way to play him at the moment ( he did much the same against Lincoln, last time I saw them).
Overall I reckon we deserved the three points, they never really troubled Dimi, although they did have the majority of the possession.
Probably being hyper critical but I thought our passing out of defence and in midfield, could have been better, too many aerial hoofs rather than balls to feet. The weather probably didn't help, there was a fair breeze swirling round.
|