The Poolie Bunker

A bunch of seriouly pissed off Hartlepool United fans..
It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:09 pm
Posts: 923
Location: babylon & ting
Pete O'Rourke reporting we are close to signing midfielder Jack Earing from Barrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 pm
Posts: 2283
Location: Out in the sticks in Northumberland
makes sense as he played under Wild at Halifax, I think he was on loan at Spennymoor before becoming a regular in the Halifax side.
Went to Walsall and I am sure he had almost 12 months out due to an injury but that was few years back.
Hopefully the start of changing our midfield.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:04 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:34 pm
Posts: 4624
Good news if he is an improvement on what we already have. Any detail on him and his capabilities?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2025 11:07 am
Posts: 2151
Signed for Barrow June 2025 but hasn’t featured according to Wikipedia, still under contract so it’s either a fee or a loan, cruciate injury kept him out for the whole of 2023, he can’t be any worse than we have though.
According to our ‘local’ rag The Mail on FB Pete Wild is aiming to bring three players in before Monday - and hopefully at least one prior to Saturday's trip to Forest Green Rovers - he is looking to strengthen the spine of the Pools team with short-term loan deals for experienced players


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Posts: 6605
And there's the answer to Landon Smith's current attitude to Pools. He's giving Pete Wild the backing he needs to turn things around. Worth a lot more than empty promises via Twitter or the OS.

Earing played 30 times for Walsall in League 2 last season but lost his place at the back end. His career stats are here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-ea ... aison/2026


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2025 9:28 pm
Posts: 112
Played 30 games for Barrow last season in league 2, 23 starts, with 1 goal and 2 assists. Barrow finished bottom and got relegated.

Not going to pretend I know the first thing about but given he got 2 assists I’m going to say he’s at least better at passing the ball than Hunter and Sheron are.

_________________
It's a funny old game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
[quote="Flying Hogans"]And there's the answer to Landon Smith's current attitude to Pools. He's giving Pete Wild the backing he needs to turn things around. Worth a lot more than empty promises via Twitter or the OS.

Earing played 30 times for Walsall in League 2 last season but lost his place at the back end. His career stats are here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-ea ... aison/2026[/quote.

Before you get carried away Mr H, we are desperate for additions to our midfield and have been for what seems like an age and finally we have signed one. Landon has to approve that but to suggest it is instead of personally communicating with the fans, or is a substitute for it, is getting a bit carried away don't you think. :lol:
What if he is a flop, are you going to land that at Landon's doorstep.
As the owner Landon has multiple tasks.
One of those tasks is approving expenditure on players, and another is fufilling his belief in the importance of communicating to the fans.
As an aside........I don't think anybody is stating they prefer empty promises via Twitter or the OS to correcting or at least trying to, correct our deficiency in midfield.
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
By the way, Welcome Jack Earing and all the very best of luck in your new venture with us.

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Posts: 6605
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


I'll let you off. ;)

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:06 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41165
Two more signings due.

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 pm
Posts: 11240
Snowy wrote:
Two more signings due.


They need to start working.
Hit the ground running.
League table on New Year's Day will be the evidence.

UTP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
kevin pooles gloves wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Two more signings due.


They need to start working.
Hit the ground running.
League table on New Year's Day will be the evidence.

UTP.


Absolutely. I don't think Earing has played in the NL so far season but has been on the bench twice. He might take a few games to get up to speed.

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 pm
Posts: 11240
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


What does TSK stand for?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:51 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41165
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


I think Landon has acted in good faith being new to ownership and bought a pup, he’s returned and took steps to rectify the situation.
A general slagging off by those at the top never works out in any business as that is the territory of the customer (fan).
It’ll take time to get the ship back on course bur miracles overnight are like hens teeth.

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:22 pm
Posts: 23364
just hope he repeats the form he had with halifax that got him a move to the efl with walsall. one of those players you do not forget where his best part was his passing ability. something we definetly need.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Posts: 6605
kevin pooles gloves wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


What does TSK stand for?


I'll use the modern miracle of the internet to answer that:
"Playful teasing: Used lightly among friends to scold or mock someone in a joking way (often paired with emojis like ;) )."

Ain't it amazing how you can get the answer to virtually anything in the time it takes to type the question? Specially now that Google comes with an AI assistant free of charge. It's a gateway drug though. One of these days they'll want to start charging for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Posts: 6605
Snowy wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


I think Landon has acted in good faith being new to ownership and bought a pup, he’s returned and took steps to rectify the situation.
A general slagging off by those at the top never works out in any business as that is the territory of the customer (fan).
It’ll take time to get the ship back on course bur miracles overnight are like hens teeth.


Yep. Things might look the same as before on the surface but I bet Pete Wild said something along the lines of:
'You can refer to me as head coach rather than manager if you like, but I'm not coming unless I get to pick my own assistant and funds are made available to me (no-one else) to strengthen the team so I can get Pools out of this mess.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
Flying Hogans wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


I think Landon has acted in good faith being new to ownership and bought a pup, he’s returned and took steps to rectify the situation.
A general slagging off by those at the top never works out in any business as that is the territory of the customer (fan).
It’ll take time to get the ship back on course bur miracles overnight are like hens teeth.


Yep. Things might look the same as before on the surface but I bet Pete Wild said something along the lines of:
'You can refer to me as head coach rather than manager if you like, but I'm not coming unless I get to pick my own assistant and funds are made available to me (no-one else) to strengthen the team so I can get Pools out of this mess.'


I would love you to be right, Mr H and win your bet but, nevertheless, that is what was needed to be said and it has cheered me up no end. :lol: Maybe he told Landon to keep quiet as well, Whaddya think.

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
Snowy wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


I think Landon has acted in good faith being new to ownership and bought a pup, he’s returned and took steps to rectify the situation.
A general slagging off by those at the top never works out in any business as that is the territory of the customer (fan).
It’ll take time to get the ship back on course bur miracles overnight are like hens teeth.


I think Landon has returned and told the people who he appointed to run the club for him "this situation is not acceptable, you are responsible for it, get it sorted" They have responded by bringing in the new management team.
The next step is dependent on what that achieves. That is a wait and see and I'm assuming we are all hoping, wishing and praying that it is successful, I certainly am.
Saying any of that in public or having people slagged off has not been requested, not by me anyway. All I have asked for is a breaking of Landon's silence, no more. Rightly or wrongly, I look to him for assurance and to give credence to his belief that communication with the fans is important. Maybe he didn't mean the communication would be coming from he, himself but the impression he gave on his arrival was that it would be. That's how I read it at the time and I now read it as a change of intention and I would like a U turn. Not demanding it, not threatening anything, just a simple request for a bit more assurance. You see I probably won't be around when he writes a true account in his memoirs. ;)

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2025 11:07 am
Posts: 2151
Flying Hogans wrote:
kevin pooles gloves wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


What does TSK stand for?


I'll use the modern miracle of the internet to answer that:
"Playful teasing: Used lightly among friends to scold or mock someone in a joking way (often paired with emojis like ;) )."

Ain't it amazing how you can get the answer to virtually anything in the time it takes to type the question? Specially now that Google comes with an AI assistant free of charge. It's a gateway drug though. One of these days they'll want to start charging for it.



ChatGPT allows you to ask a few questions and post a couple of images then when you have used your allowance up you have to subscribe £19.99 a month of course auto renew hoping you forget to cancel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
jamie1952 wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
kevin pooles gloves wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
derwent wrote:
Can you enlighten us as to the empty promises Landon has made on Twitter or the OS. :o


Tsk. I didn't say he had. I expect we might hear from him next when Pools have finally turned the corner on this run of horrible results.


What does TSK stand for?


I'll use the modern miracle of the internet to answer that:
"Playful teasing: Used lightly among friends to scold or mock someone in a joking way (often paired with emojis like ;) )."

Ain't it amazing how you can get the answer to virtually anything in the time it takes to type the question? Specially now that Google comes with an AI assistant free of charge. It's a gateway drug though. One of these days they'll want to start charging for it.



ChatGPT allows you to ask a few questions and post a couple of images then when you have used your allowance up you have to subscribe £19.99 a month of course auto renew hoping you forget to cancel.


TSK to that. :ugeek:

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Posts: 6605
jamie1952 wrote:
Flying Hogans wrote:
kevin pooles gloves wrote:
What does TSK stand for?


I'll use the modern miracle of the internet to answer that:
"Playful teasing: Used lightly among friends to scold or mock someone in a joking way (often paired with emojis like ;) )."

Ain't it amazing how you can get the answer to virtually anything in the time it takes to type the question? Specially now that Google comes with an AI assistant free of charge. It's a gateway drug though. One of these days they'll want to start charging for it.



ChatGPT allows you to ask a few questions and post a couple of images then when you have used your allowance up you have to subscribe £19.99 a month of course auto renew hoping you forget to cancel.


Those AI companies won't be worth trillions on the stock market forever unless they start showing a profit on everything they do. When Google tries something like that I'll just switch AI off. The sources for the info I need are already there on the internet. AI just finds them that bit quicker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Earing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:58 pm
Posts: 306
Location: Town End
Sam Lavelle (Carlisle) and Will Sutton (Oldham) both linked with moves to Pools.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigJeffy, fckpoolie, Loopeltrah1960, Optimistic, Ozzy Saltburn, paulus the woodgnome and a side salad, Porter’s porter, Sandman, Snowy and 121 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group