The Poolie Bunker

A bunch of seriouly pissed off Hartlepool United fans..
It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 1:13 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:13 pm
Posts: 1618
..... ..to all Pools Fans

Unfortunately many of us won't receive it as it is emanating via the 'Hartlepool' Mail who have again decided to make ALL of Pools articles accessible via subscription only. This at a time when Pools fans are crying out for news from the Vic so I guess they know precisely what they are doing.

Hopefully Pete's message will be released via the club site or posted on the Bunker otherwise we will never know. I for one would NEVER pay a subscription to ANY newspaper but least of all to the current shower of a local newspaper that was once acclaimed as the very popular Northern Daily Mail, Sentinel, Arthur Pickering et al.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2025 3:41 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.
Smokin Joe wrote:
..... ..to all Pools Fans

Unfortunately many of us won't receive it as it is emanating via the 'Hartlepool' Mail who have again decided to make ALL of Pools articles accessible via subscription only. This at a time when Pools fans are crying out for news from the Vic so I guess they know precisely what they are doing.

Hopefully Pete's message will be released via the club site or posted on the Bunker otherwise we will never know. I for one would NEVER pay a subscription to ANY newspaper but least of all to the current shower of a local newspaper that was once acclaimed as the very popular Northern Daily Mail, Sentinel, Arthur Pickering et al.


Hartlepool United fans, it is fair to say, are frustrated, angry and fed-up.

With Raj Singh having departed, the new chapter under Landon Smith was supposed to be different and with it came a major summer overhaul and a new-look squad. Yet 15 signings later and with the club already on to its second head coach of the campaign and with Pools battling in the relegation spots, it is fair to say it hasn’t yet worked out.

Sign up to our Hartlepool United newsletter
Enter your email
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Notice and Terms of Service apply.
New head coach Pete Wild is aiming to turn the ship around, though has called for calm and patience. Pools travel to Forest Green Rovers on Saturday teatime in the National League, with Pools desperate for a win after nine defeats from 12 games.

Which Hartlepool United games are on DAZN and how to watch

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Wild told BBC Tees Sport: “I'd class myself as a football league manager and I came here because I felt like I could change fortunes. Massive club, sleeping giant. I think there's massive potential in this football club. What's gone, is gone and your opinions on what's happened in the past and your current opinions on the players.

“No player ever played better by being booed and criticised - that's a fact. I appreciate you're frustrated. I appreciate you're annoyed. As I said on Saturday, the product that's being produced at the moment ain't good enough. I'm clear on that. I know that.

Get the latest Hartlepool United headlines in your inbox with our free Pools newsletter.

“The product's not good enough but whatever industry you work in, if you go into work and somebody abuses and shouts in your face every day, it doesn't make you better. Help them. Help them get over the line. Push them. Drive them. It's the only way they're going to get better.

“You either change the person or you change the person, our first job is to try and change the person in the building and if that doesn't work, we change the person and we change the personnel.”

Your next Hartlepool United read: Pete Wild reveals Jack Earing Hartlepool United plan with two more signings on the way


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 1:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Posts: 6605
Smokin Joe wrote:
..... ..to all Pools Fans

Unfortunately many of us won't receive it as it is emanating via the 'Hartlepool' Mail who have again decided to make ALL of Pools articles accessible via subscription only. This at a time when Pools fans are crying out for news from the Vic so I guess they know precisely what they are doing.

Hopefully Pete's message will be released via the club site or posted on the Bunker otherwise we will never know. I for one would NEVER pay a subscription to ANY newspaper but least of all to the current shower of a local newspaper that was once acclaimed as the very popular Northern Daily Mail, Sentinel, Arthur Pickering et al.


Not sure what the issue you're encountering is Joe?

I use the NewsNow site - either NewsNow Hartlepool United or NewsNow National League.

Don't have any problem reading the articles if I click the 'view with adverts' button

Here's one as an example: https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... ed-9276250


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:18 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:13 pm
Posts: 1618
Thanks Hogans, that is precisely what I normally do too but for some reason on this occasion I was blocked - and it has happened previously. Maybe it was a glitch or perhaps they just don't like me (they would not be alone lol. I just tried again and it worked fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2025 11:07 am
Posts: 2151
I think you get 5 free articles then you come up against a pay wall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:34 pm
Posts: 4624
There is an excellent interview with Pete Wild on The Official X site. Very honest and clear. I must say I like his style.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:07 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:13 pm
Posts: 1618
jamie1952 wrote:
I think you get 5 free articles then you come up against a pay wall.


Thanks Jamie, that sounds like a feasible explanation. The way to go is to access the official site (which seems to be improving lately, or the Bunker of course. I used to purchase a copy of the Hartlepool Mail every day of the week plus the Foot nothing y Mail on a Saturday. I might have still be buying it if they hadn't gone weekly which to me is pointless containing yesterday's news.
I used to also regularly purchase the Northern Echo until it stopped regularly reporting on Pools and even the Sunday Sun until they reduced Pools coverage to less than about a dozen Tyne & Wear local league teams. I see that they have increased the price of their rag to £3.90 which in iMO is extortionate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
Ozzy Saltburn wrote:
There is an excellent interview with Pete Wild on The Official X site. Very honest and clear. I must say I like his style.


Is it possible to put up a link??

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:34 pm
Posts: 4624
https://x.com/Official_HUFC/status/2108 ... 16919?s=20

There you go Mr D. Hope it works OK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 13357
Ozzy Saltburn wrote:
https://x.com/Official_HUFC/status/2108173067256016919?s=20

There you go Mr D. Hope it works OK.

Thanks mate spot on

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Message from Pete Wild.....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:30 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:58 pm
Posts: 306
Location: Town End
Wild’s interview with BBC Tees yesterday was very good: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0pfl ... are-mobile


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bazil, Bedlingtonpoolie, Flying Hogans, mkrob, Optimistic, paulus the woodgnome and a side salad, Poolie24, PTID, Sedgefield Poolie, Smokin Joe, Snowy, vicflange and 140 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group