derwent wrote:
Mikey76 wrote:
bluebottle wrote:
We still have a football club . Go to the game if you can and enjoy it
Away games only for me. Fair play to anyone attending, no issue with that, I personally just can't be supporting Raj. This absolutely has to be his last season and hopefully it won't even be that.
Everybody chooses as he/she sees fit and I respect that fully and I will make sure people aren't abused for their choice.
I just hope that Raj doesn't take the same stance by stating if the fans won't support the club then what's the point of me doing it and the plug gets pulled. That's something that everyone needs to be aware of but those who are prepared to take the risk of that happening are free to do so. Just as anybody not willing to take the risk are free to follow that path.
Everyone has got to be absolutely clear on this.
I think that is the most likely scenario--some sort of circular doom loop----I will be amazed if crowds aren't materially worse this season than the last 2, plus the parachute payment money gone so we likely have a lower budget (basic economics not criticism of anyone)
That in turn leads to more than likely a worse season which means more frustration and lower crowds etc which further weakens us.
One way to help mitigate that, is to have a 'we are all in it together approach' where the fans dont expect miracles ala York level investment but there is transparency and goodwill from both sides as they do their best (and we are a big club for this level so our best should be us at the top end of the table)
I will let each person draw their own conclusions on whether recent actions by the chairman/board are more likely to have a positive or negative effect on overall harmony.
I would also say whatever people think the club is worth---its worth less the longer we spend in this division or lower IMO