Sussex UK wrote:
Kenny Bottles wrote:
I love conspiracy theories, so much so that I've even paid money to see David Icke live on stage in Brixton. The mad bastard did over seven hours - highly entertaining, and well worth the entrance fee.
As surreal as he got though, nothing was more weird and alien to me as setting foot in fucking Brixton for the first time..!
Move too the best bits, kenny......
.What did the rest of the audience look like ??

That is a very good question. I'd arrived in plenty of time and had settled into a pub nearby, and thought I'd mosey on down to the venue around 1 o'clock as the doors opened at 1.30pm. When I got to the Brixton Academy, I could scarcely believe my eyes.
The crowd started at the doors and snaked round three sides of the building. And as I walked to the end of the queue, I realised that I had never witnessed so many freaks in the same place in my entire life.
I mean these weren't just a few random dodge-pots mixed in with normal folk, this was every single fucking one of them. Two thousand plus of every kind of nutjob you could imagine, dressed as if they were off to Stonehenge for the fucking solstice.
It reminded me of the queue of "buggerers and skull-duggerers" at the toll booth in "Blazing Saddles"..!
Seriously, and without any exaggeration at all, I felt like the most sensible gadgie on the planet compared to these mad bastards.
There were styles and colours of hair that I have never seen before or since, and clothes being worn that the Sally Bash would hoy in the fucking bin.
And a starving Ethiopian wouldn't touch the food some of them were scoffing.
For the first and only time in my entire life, I felt like the sanest and most normal man on the planet.
Thankfully, David Icke had a shirt under a sensible jumper and pair of regular trousers on, and at that point I relaxed and enjoyed the show.
Excellent experience on the trip to London I'd arranged for my 40th birthday.
And on my return home, it was at least six weeks before the lads at work stopped ripping the piss out of me...