Snowy wrote:
That may well be the case, but…and there’s always a but…it would help if those in charge of the club applied themselves to the task in hand and actually got it right.
Of course no action will be taken and it’s all voices in the ether…BUT…it would help if some sign of real intent was there, because it ain’t as bright as you paint it.
But I respect your input.
Not saying it's a good thing Snowy, just saying that's how it is.
It's like trying to make sense of the original subject of this thread. So "Arizona-based Next Level football" who apparently wanted to invest in Pools, have instead become part-owners of League of Ireland side Bray Wanderers? Am I reading that right?
I'd say the attraction of getting involved with a League of Ireland side is probably the kudos involved if they qualify for European club competitions. Bit like investing in The New Saints in Wales would. Pools would have to rise through 4 divisions and then some to achieve a similar profile.
And I wonder how much it actually costs to buy a stake in the football club in Bray, a town with a population of 33,000 and a ground that holds 3,200 people? A fair way short of £1 million would be my guess.
Think it’s more the fact the owner is a Hartlepool fan from Hartlepool who lives in the US. He was part of the Trust’s consortium and then clearly says he tried to invest in the club again with no success. No idea why he’s then invested in Bray but I would imagine like you say it was a much cheaper investment than buying Pools