horden wrote:
I'm sure most think like that, and I get it, but I'm a long term thinker, I want us to go up and stay up, then crack on further, not yo-yo from one league to another.
Yep, we know what is more likely to happen. There is a pattern forming, we spent 3 or 4 seasons avoiding the drop in league 1 then eventually went down, the same thing then happened in league 2 and now it is happening in the National League, though because we are ultimately a bigger club than most and the standard is so poor, its quite possible that we could become a National League version of Everton, or Barrow or Gateshead, National League mainstays, in this division for ever. At the moment though I'd say more chance of us going down than up. As daft as this may sound, I actually think we are safer in this league with Singh in charge, because he will always do enough to keep us in this league but never get us out of via promotion.
said months ago that without a real influx of cash we could more easily be a NE version of aldershot than a real promotion candidate no matter who the manager is we,ll get.