Jamie1952 wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Jamie1952 wrote:
MutleyRules wrote:
Don’t mention Brexit on here as the majority of the board are Brexiteers and still don’t realise leaving the largest trading organisation on the globe was a mistake, they thought it was to stop immigration.
Love the reference to ‘still don’t realise’ as if you’re referring to people who voted to leave as utter cretins unlike you the great enlightened one.
You’re still whining about Brexit…why didn’t you make your second home in Europe …or was it cheaper in Siam compared to Europe.Oh dear.
I resided in Tenerife for a while but after Brexit I couldn’t make my home in Europe due to the new visa rules now in force. I don’t live in Siam because it’s cheaper, not everything is cheaper including electricity, rental properties and certain other food produce, it’s cheap if you want to eat rice and noodles as your staple diet. There are other reasons why I do, have a trip over Snowy before making comments about Siam, you might like it.
Anyone who voted Brexit should understand why the boat crossings started and why.
The primary factor behind small boat crossings is the UK’s lacking a returns agreement with the EU. Before Brexit, the UK was part of a system (the Dublin III Regulation). Anyone travelling to the UK irregularly (e.g., without a visa or right to remain), could and often were returned to the first safe EU country they had arrived in originally. Clandestine journeys were relatively small and stable with annual removals usually counted in their hundreds.
But after Brexit, the UK exited this returns agreement. This meant that it became much harder to return irregular migrants because there was no deal on returning them. Removals have dwindled to their dozens since as we are all aware of.
You’re wrong because the EU we’re starting to share illegals out through member states, to share the burden, figures quoted would have had us taking even more than we get crossing the Channel.
Look at Ireland going back to the Brexit result, I was over in Ireland at a place on a the west coast south of Galway and the fun was just starting as an hotel owned by a local politician was being sequestered to house migrants…being flown in from Europe… Ireland is a nightmare, yet the politicians are all obedient European nodding dongs in the mainstream Party’s and blatantly keener to please their masters in Europe than their own people.
You might get excited about it, but normal people don’t
Regarding popping over to other countries to live….
Why would I want to live in another culture, in a sub tropical climate, half way across the world , learn a new language and social skills if I was serious about living there…or rock up like new Governor of a province or patronising missionary to save a few bob……?
My, idea of hell.
I like living where I live….apart from Northern Europe, the rest has no appeal to me whatsoever.