poolieinnottingham wrote:
I wonder what percentage of people in the ground aren't actually 'counted'. Sometimes you'll be at the Vic when it looks pretty full, and John Orley will announce that there are just under 5,000.
If you go to an away game sometimes the place looks empty, yet the crowd figure will be quoted at 7,000.
I know different stands are spced differently etc. but I'm convinced that a lot of people at Pools games can't have been counted in.
Not long ago I watched the 'Back Page' video of our promotion clincher against Northampton. The official crowd figure was under 7,000, yet the Rink End (then a terrace) was rammed, as was the Mill House terrace, Town End terrace, Mill House seats, and three of the corners. If I remember right Northampton had a few hundred in the Town End corner. I estimate that there may have been closer to 10,000 in the ground that day.
Don't Pools have a crowd counting machine thingy that works by adding 1 to the total every time a turnstyle turns :?: