Kettering Poolie wrote:
Was all packed and ready to drive up to Hartlepool on Saturday morning to see my Mum. With the possibility of going to the Woking game, had I got back in reasonable time. Had previously planned to go Friday after work but swerved it due to the weather warnings for the impending storm.
Got to the front door and realised I didn't have my car keys. Looked in all the usual places- nothing.
Turned my bags out at least twice,, went through all my coats, clothes, down the side of the settee, everywhere - still nothing. Was starting to get a bit of a sweat on about it as I only have the one key and the car was locked- so I knew it must be in the house.
Had the missus whipping it up, out of all proportion, as only women can do- saying
'Oh well, as it had your house key on it as well, You must have dropped them outside, and someone has found them and they are waiting to burgle us, you'll have to ring the locksmith and get them to change the locks on the front door'
6 (SIX - ala vidiprinter) hours elapsed, still nothing - until I went in the bedroom, threw my phone on the bed and heard a jingle - the CAT had been SLEEPING on them!
Fortunately I ignored her advice and saved myself a small fortune getting the locks changed. Also missed the pain of seeing the Woking game- every cloud!
