The Poolie Bunker

A bunch of seriouly pissed off Hartlepool United fans..
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:25 pm
Posts: 22959
Now to no one’s surprise this is not an organ I tend to subscribe to but I’ve become an avid read the past couple of days. It’s been such fun watch them melt down over the Dons first few days in office. I suspect it’s gonna get better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 6:47 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41103
Having some organisations coming to terms with reality has it’s rewards. :laugh:

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 7:05 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41103
I always liked the Private Eye description of the Guardian as the ‘Grauniad’ because of its spelling mistakes back in the day.
I subscribed to Private Eye for decades, solely because it ripped into every politician and Party……..I don’t now., it’s all very house trained now. :roll:

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:34 pm
Posts: 4237
Fish and chips paper......ragged to bits on X, the wokey left guardian got so upset they and their flaky readers fled in tears back in November. :laugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:22 pm
Posts: 23281
Snowy wrote:
I always liked the Private Eye description of the Guardian as the ‘Grauniad’ because of its spelling mistakes back in the day.
I subscribed to Private Eye for decades, solely because it ripped into every politician and Party……..I don’t now., it’s all very house trained now. :roll:

bit like vis has become.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 2:51 pm 
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Now to no one’s surprise this is not an organ I tend to subscribe to but I’ve become an avid read the past couple of days. It’s been such fun watch them melt down over the Dons first few days in office. I suspect it’s gonna get better.


As a matter of interest what MSM outlets do you base your political opinions on, me I tend to surf the net and select anything of interest to me, no particular MSM outlets although I ignore GB News, The Mail, The Telegraph, The Express, The Sun and The Mirror.but listen and watch vlogs across the political spectrum.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:25 pm
Posts: 22959
I too read a wide variety. Donald Trump, Marine le Pen, Nige of course, Gert Wilders, Vlad the Impaler monthly. Typical run of the mill right of centre stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 pm
Posts: 2259
Location: Out in the sticks in Northumberland
Your forgot Giorgia Meloni.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 4:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41103
accrington fan wrote:
Snowy wrote:
I always liked the Private Eye description of the Guardian as the ‘Grauniad’ because of its spelling mistakes back in the day.
I subscribed to Private Eye for decades, solely because it ripped into every politician and Party……..I don’t now., it’s all very house trained now. :roll:

bit like vis has become.

Correct Mr Accy…….both have been editorially castrated and sold their souls to the woke yapping dogs.

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 9:34 pm 
'The News Agents' podcast is worth a listen for the comedy value--Maitlis in particular is not only clueless but absolutely desolate about Trump winning


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 10:15 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41103
loyal_fan wrote:
'The News Agents' podcast is worth a listen for the comedy value--Maitlis in particular is not only clueless but absolutely desolate about Trump winning

Warms my heart to see her struggle. :laugh:

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 10:16 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41103
Jamie1952 wrote:
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Now to no one’s surprise this is not an organ I tend to subscribe to but I’ve become an avid read the past couple of days. It’s been such fun watch them melt down over the Dons first few days in office. I suspect it’s gonna get better.


As a matter of interest what MSM outlets do you base your political opinions on, me I tend to surf the net and select anything of interest to me, no particular MSM outlets although I ignore GB News, The Mail, The Telegraph, The Express, The Sun and The Mirror.but listen and watch vlogs across the political spectrum.

All very good but you have to read the written articles, not just the cartoons. :angry-tappingfoot:

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 4:13 am 
Snowy wrote:
Jamie1952 wrote:
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Now to no one’s surprise this is not an organ I tend to subscribe to but I’ve become an avid read the past couple of days. It’s been such fun watch them melt down over the Dons first few days in office. I suspect it’s gonna get better.


As a matter of interest what MSM outlets do you base your political opinions on, me I tend to surf the net and select anything of interest to me, no particular MSM outlets although I ignore GB News, The Mail, The Telegraph, The Express, The Sun and The Mirror.but listen and watch vlogs across the political spectrum.

All very good but you have to read the written articles, not just the cartoons. :angry-tappingfoot:


I never read written articles, read my post Snowy.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 8:19 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41103
Jamie1952 wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Jamie1952 wrote:
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Now to no one’s surprise this is not an organ I tend to subscribe to but I’ve become an avid read the past couple of days. It’s been such fun watch them melt down over the Dons first few days in office. I suspect it’s gonna get better.


As a matter of interest what MSM outlets do you base your political opinions on, me I tend to surf the net and select anything of interest to me, no particular MSM outlets although I ignore GB News, The Mail, The Telegraph, The Express, The Sun and The Mirror.but listen and watch vlogs across the political spectrum.

All very good but you have to read the written articles, not just the cartoons. :angry-tappingfoot:


I never read written articles, read my post Snowy.
You’re nit picking.

So you admit you are not interested in alternative points of view according to your one sided list of ‘sources of information’…….Dr Goebbels would be proud of you.
You can not draw a conclusion on anything by only listening to one viewpoint……ffs ….banghead

_________________
It’s what he does….. he’s a terrier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Guardian
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:22 pm
Posts: 23281
Snowy wrote:
Jamie1952 wrote:
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Now to no one’s surprise this is not an organ I tend to subscribe to but I’ve become an avid read the past couple of days. It’s been such fun watch them melt down over the Dons first few days in office. I suspect it’s gonna get better.


As a matter of interest what MSM outlets do you base your political opinions on, me I tend to surf the net and select anything of interest to me, no particular MSM outlets although I ignore GB News, The Mail, The Telegraph, The Express, The Sun and The Mirror.but listen and watch vlogs across the political spectrum.

All very good but you have to read the written articles, not just the cartoons. :angry-tappingfoot:

have they made rupert the bear woke and trans yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bedlingtonpoolie, Flying Hogans, JBPoolie, Littlewaster, loan_star, Micky fisher ate my socks too, mkrob, Ozzy Saltburn, P Nut, poolie1966, Porter’s porter, Snowy and 174 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group