Leggie43 wrote:
MutleyRules wrote:
Denis Law has passed away aged 84.
Now he was/is a Legend.
R.I.P. Denis and condolences to all your family and friends.

Yes a brilliant footballer and a proper gentleman. I will never forget the back heel against Manure that relegated them ...pure class act. I believe he was one of the very first British players to go abroad

If memory serves it was Torino ( Italy ) in the mid sixties before my time. RIP Denis.
You are absolutely correct Leggie, ‘Denis the Menace’ as he was known back in the sixties did indeed play in Italy for Turin. I recall that he was transferred from Huddersfield Town either direct to Torino or via Man City for the princely sum of £55k I believe. He was a living legend, the original ‘Fox in the Box’, he was idolised wherever he played - and a true gentleman as you mentioned. I mentioned earlier that his backheel that relegated Manure in the early 70’s was in my view one of the funniest moments in football history. Howeve, I recall that Law was absolutely gutted at the time and refused to discuss or comment on the incident afterwards. RIP Denis.