They did indeed! And I prepared the post yesterday but must have forgotten to pull the trigger 'cos it ain't there now I look.
The MPN is down from 20 to 15, i.e., 15 more points needed to ensure promotion without relying on the others dropping points (which of course some of them will).
PROMOT-U-LATOR (number of teams who can no longer catch us) is now 15. When it reaches 21 we're up.
That means we're guaranteed 9th place at the absolute lowest and only six more teams now need adding to the list of can't-catchers before we're up. This really is remarkable with seven games still to go.
Going beyond the theory and looking at things realistically I think it's safe to say that no one outside the top five is going to catch us now. Can anyone really see Stockport catching up fifteen points in seven games? Or Shrewsbury winning all three games in hand then catching up 13 points in 7 games?
Things are going to happen quickly from now on as long as we keep winning. We could have promotion sewn up in as little as three games time.
