|
Leaving the house at 7:30 to travel to Darlington to sit slap bang in the middle of the Loids, isn't my idea of a relaxing Sunday, but despite only getting home half an hour ago, it was all worth it!!
Well, what can be said about the game that hasn't already appeared on here? Not a lot really, but here are a few of my views, I thought it was a tight affair for the first 30 minutes, but once we went ahead I couldn't see any other result thatn a Pools win. Second half we came out completely fired up, I don't know what gets said at half time but both today and at Stockport we seem to be a different team second half.
I was perfectly in line with Effy's second, unbelieveable! There was a lot of appreciation for the finish by the Darlo fans around me, which was pleasing to hear. Slightly more concerning was the chants of 'Kill the Poolie scum' from directly behind me - Maybe I was a little paranoid, but I tried to conceal my delight as much as I could!!
I thought that Effy and Monky both run themselves ragged and James Brown looked good on the ball, possibly taking the wrong option a few too many times. From a Darlo point of view I was impressed with Wheater, almost Nelson-esque in his dominance at the back - he looks far too good for this division.
As we were there with a couple of season ticket holders, we had the priviledge of having a drink in the Platinum Lounge (Formerly the Kevan Smith Lounge) after the game, the highlight was standing next to Andy Two Fingers Toman. To be honest I flicked a few V's at Pixie, but he was getting a lot more positive attention elsewhere!
All good things so far, but what's my highlight I hear you ask... Well the high point of the day for me occured as we were leaving the bar, I only got to descend the the reception on a heskilator! Bliss!!!
_________________ Visit the new and improved POOLstats at http://www.poolstats.co.uk - The original on-line statistical resource for Pools fans.
|