The Poolie Bunker

A bunch of seriouly pissed off Hartlepool United fans..
It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Will they include us in the fillum?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:10 am
Posts: 3589
They're (that woman who produced the Bafta winning "The Queen") making a moive on Brian Clough. It is based on the book, the Damned United. Reviews of the book reads,

"This is a novel written from the viewpoint of Brian Clough. It takes as its central plot his disastrous 44 day reign at Leeds Utd a club he and most people who weren't Leeds fans had villified for years even though they were League Champions.

The novels is written with the main plot liberally interspersed with the story of Clough's rise to managerial prominence with Derby County and his acrimonious dealings with the board there. "

So will it include Pools at all?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/6366519.stm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:10 am
Posts: 3589
Also, a few months ago...someone told me that they were making a drama series called Brian Clough, the Hartlepool years or something like that. Were they winding me up? Has anyone else heard out?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:35 pm
Posts: 1243
I posted a canny big message on here about The Damned Utd when I read it autumn last year but the rest of you buggers werent intersted.
I'm still seething.
It is a great book, very readable and there are a good few pages about Hartlepool and some great quotes. I'm not gonna go and write them all down again cos I cant be arsed but I would recommend it to any football fan - and thats from me who doesnt really do football books or novels.
If the film has Pools in it or not I would not like to guess. It should do given the way the book pans out but it will probably be about two percent or something.

_________________
new book....Andalucia
"Told with great skill...both moving and inspiring" - Pat Barker, Booker Prize winner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:46 pm 
BritishWestHpool wrote:
I posted a canny big message on here about The Damned Utd when I read it autumn last year but the rest of you buggers werent intersted.
I'm still seething.


had you been told to welcome to the board then or not??


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alanzzzz, charltonclive, Essex poolie, jamie1952, JBPoolie, mkrob, Ozzy Saltburn, paulus the woodgnome and a side salad, Pooliebod, PTID, UKP and 185 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group