Alright I'll play Devils Advocate here.
No one got hurt. No-one nearly got hurt.
Yes I accept that it's a stupid and reckless thing to do, but no-one got hurt. The outrage is all at what MIGHT have happened but nothing did. In the circumstances the next thing that MIGHT have happened is that he killed himself. Or seriously hurt himself. One's a solution the other is a salutory lesson in what happens when you act like a div. And before everyone jumps out about 'treatment at the taxpayers expense in our hard pressed hospitals' he's a taxpayer and he's entitled. Same as someone who electrocutes himself while DiY-ing to save a bit of scratch.
Now, maybe the jails are full of people who nearly sinned?? The people who took the risk?? Maybe the laws are all about what might happen instead of what did. There's a crime called 'causing death by dangerous driving' but the best they'll be able to do here is 'reckless driving.' When you run across the road dodging the traffic to make the bus, should you be done for 'reckless walking??'
All I'm saying like is 'nothing happened.'
