Walsall 17 pts
Swindon 20 pts
Pools 26 pts
MK Mongs 19 pts
Lincoln 18 pts
Stockport 21 pts
Wycombe 12 pts
These are the only clubs in with a sniff of automatic promotion now.
Wycombe have to seriously find their feet again if they are to avoid slipping out of the top seven, although they still have a good advantage over Notts Co. - but I think we can rule them out of the top three reckoning now.
Stockport have some real testing home games before the end of the season, they have to face Swindon, Walsall and then Pools in their next three home games. They also have MK to play at home. They can only beat what's been put in front of them as they have done recently, but they won't win all of those. They also travel to Lincoln. If they get more than six points from that fifteen available I'd be surprised. So they will probably miss out on the top three also.
Lincoln are stuttering, I think they are the ones who will slip back from being up there all season, to being play-off contenders. Forrester is now suspended for three games and they haven't got the replacements in their squad for a major player being missing, in the same way Pools seem to have.
Therefore I think it's three from the four relegated sides from last season.
I'm now convinced we'll be one of them. I also believe MK will be another. If we beat Walsall on Saturday, their place in the top three comes under threat for the first time all season. They have NEVER been put under this pressure yet all season. This is the first time they will go into a game seriously worried about their foothold in the top three, never minf first place. They couldn't have picked a worse fixture to face this weekend, and they might start to play their remaining fixtures feeling the pressure if we pull off a victory on Saturday. If this happens, I think we have a great chance to win the League, and it will also help Swindon no end in the psychological battle to unsettle Walsall from their previously, seemingly invincible position.
COME ON POOLS, LET'S GO FOR THE THROAT AGAIN LIKE WE DID AGAINST SWINDON, AND REALLY BLOW THIS TITLE RACE WIDE OPEN!!!!!!
