offshorepoolie wrote:
Lets make it part of the Agenda to promote orgainised sports (of any type) throughout the town. Lets try and wean the kids away from the boozing culture by giving them something more constructive to do with thier time.
If the idea of providing kids with sports facillities etc is a goer then why not ask the youth team what they think would be a good idea to provide.
Pools could also be quized as to what they could do in a general sort of way such as fitness training / sports facilities because if pools get to buy the ground don't they want the area where the outside bike ramps are? If these bike / skate ramps are to go then facilities will be lost. Also I'm sure many a young person would relish the opportunity to do fitness training with a pools fitness coach.
Also we have a lot of schools that have sports facilities so there could be after school sports clubs set up to use the school facilities as opposed to the school staff.
What about approaching hartlepool cycleing club to see what they can offer in the way of help?
These days multi partnership deals are the way forward and this might also bring forward sports lottery funding to the town.
I tried to get a basketball after school club set up where anyone could come into a specific school sports hall and shoot some hoops. The idea was to have the sports hall open until 10 pm and depending on what interest was shown set up a team league but I could only get knock backs from schools all thinking about insurance, vandalism and theft etc rather than the posative benefits.
Still a good idea OSP.
Anyone else thinking of standing? I'm up for the park ward where I live.