I've put a bit of tomfoolery on E-Bay, nothing spectacular just a good quality gold chain that no longer becomes a man of my advancing years. I've put a price of 200 quid on it and within an hour I got this on e-mail:
Hello there,
I just need to tell you that this is a very
lovely item you have gotten here and I am
interested in buying it outrightly. For a quick
sale, I will pay you 700pounds for the item and its shipping costs via royalmail
to ship it to my son. I was planning going on
shopping physically but could not due to the
nature of my work as i am always on the move
cos I am marine engineer and I work with an
International shipping company. I will be
paying with my paypal account.so please do
reply me asap with your paypal account or send
me a payment request from your paypal account
so i can effect payment to you rightaway.
I await your reply
NB:Honestly, I do not know the actual worth of
this item because I'm always busy sailing. If
my offer is not ok, Let me know so i can raise
it a bit or bring it down as the case maybe.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
joshmac@verizonmail.com
Now I am suspicious, particularly as he asks for details of my Paypal account. I've obviously checked with paypal and they say I can ask for the cash by e-mail without giving my details.
Anyone recognise a tactic here and anyone experienced anything similar??
There's no money in the account but offering 500 above the asking price, even though the chain cost me more than that, doesn't smell good??