Garside....Mmmmm...I THINK I'm safe to tell this tale.
The Boxing/Bouncing Garside was on the door at Oscars around 1982 time. Also at that time, I was loosely modelling myself on David Sylvian from Japan, bit of dyed blond hair, touch of make up, feather ear-ring..the sort of thing that was fairly commonplace in The Gem of a Thursday eve in those days.
Anyway, Garside didn't like these "Poofs" in his Wine Bar and followed me up the stairs into the bogs and started to give me a load of grief. Fuelled by whatever, I think it must have been strong though, I fronted him out and went face-to-face with him offering him a one-to-one outside. I got down to the back of Oscars and did the honourable thing..RAN LIKE FOOK across the Car-Park!!! Honest, the face on him, he couldn't muster up a jog for the steroids, meanwhile I was over near Tones Garage taunting him.
What a Narse!