The Poolie Bunker

A bunch of seriouly pissed off Hartlepool United fans..
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:56 pm 
Letty's Husband was called Tommy Hurst and was also know as Ginge(r)!!!! :grin:

He was a Chef at sea apparently!!!! :grin:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:58 pm 
she was a canny owld stick


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41099
HALFORDS WAS DEFINITELY IN LYNN STREET....FACT! The Empire was only two shops away fro the corner of Musgrave Street, I've been doing a painting of it, so the image is burned into my brain. :laugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:58 pm 
your WHAT?
YOU LITTLE LIAR


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm
Posts: 41099
poolpower wrote:
your WHAT?
YOU LITTLE LIAR
OK it's on hire .... confised


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:06 am 
That smell in the old market hall will always remind me of rock fish. Me mother used to buy them for me when I was an ankle biter and I always hated them. Being a sopisticated sort of cove I always preferred chocolate eclairs. Anyway, the Picadilly Bar was the first time I ever saw a smoked glass and chrome design and the first place I ever tasted lime and lemon.

That is all. :wink:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:25 pm
Posts: 22959
I think you're right Mr Katcha, toffee apples. When they opened the new market they initially moved the smell too but its gone now to be replaced with the smell of rotten veg.

I wonder if Bretts used to manufacture sweets in the old market.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:54 am 
yes clappp clappp ohh the whiff of boiling sugar


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bazil, Bedlingtonpoolie, christaff 2, derwent, Elephant Rock, Flying Hogans, harrogatepoolie, jamie1952, JohnnyMars, Littlewaster, Loopeltrah1960, Mute Witness, nat the poolie, Ozzy Saltburn, P Nut, Poolie_merv, Porter’s porter, Rinkender, Sedgefield Poolie, UKP and 133 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group