accrington fan wrote:
horden wrote:
I agree, the lack of success has went of for far too long now. I would still like to test it out though, though I doubt it will ever happen. Like my late father, I'm going to die, without seeing Pools win a title, appear at Wembley, be involved in a real cup giant killing etc etc.
they say that every dog has there day but pools are the dog thats stuck in the rescue centre for life. we get to finals, win one get twisted out of the other and for reasons they were not played at wembley. if we make an attempt to win the trophy we all know they,d change the venue at the last minute and play it at bell end road.
Completely agree with you both
Think it's only us and Accrington of clubs who have an EFL traditional history that are yet to play at Wembley.
Though you can discount Accrington to a degree - at least they've won a league or two and also they disappeared from League football for about 50 years after they folded in the early 60's.
So that just leaves Pools - we must be the least successful EFL club in history.
I'm nearly 47 and all I want to see before I shuffle off is -
1 Wembley appearance &
1 League Title
.
I really don't think that's a lot to ask for, in the next 30 years or however long I've got left.
We as a fan base are incredible really, given all the shit we've been dealt down the years. We still turn up in numbers home and away and support OUR club, that represents OUR town on the national stage. Though just for once we deserve our day in the sun after all of our years following through Thin and Thinner. I'm 40 years in but most on here go back a lot further than me.
Fans of other clubs, just don't appreciate just how good they've got it/ or had it, in the past.