Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Hancock and your badge
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:49 pm 

Do you and your gang realise how boring the constant ‘it’s a disgrace’ comments are? Don’t you realise that people hate got it that you have the government and are angry about every decision irrespective or right or wrong. It’s not debate, it’s tedious predictability.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:55 pm 
Well debate then. You have had enough opportunities.

Let's discuss hancocks appalling behaviour yesterday. Give us your thoughts on that.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:11 pm 
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Do you and your gang realise how boring the constant ‘it’s a disgrace’ comments are? Don’t you realise that people hate got it that you have the government and are angry about every decision irrespective or right or wrong. It’s not debate, it’s tedious predictability.

What he said to the opposition MP was shite mate, you know and I know it, I doubt he would have said it to a man, have you ever told a woman in the work place 'watch her tone'?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:16 pm 
It wasn't just the tone comment. It was also the fact he denied an absolute truth from a doctor on the front line. You could see the anger on his face too. He lied and lied again in full view of the cameras. Its shocking to think he is the leader of the NHS staff.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:19 pm 
And now the science is fighting back because some of the decisions taken were against scientific advice and they want the full minutes of the meetings published.

Their hiding places are being exposed.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:20 pm 

Mr Irrelevant wrote:

It’s not debate because nobody is making an attempt to defend the government just to shut down and belittle those who are justifiably angry.

Time and again debate has been invited nothing has come in return. You are free to defend Hancocks remark or Johnson’s performance today.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:26 pm 
Mr Irrelevant wrote:

Numerous times I have said the fuloughing was right and good. And that the chancellor has been really good.

But alas you completely ignore that.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:27 pm 
Watching from afar wrote:
And now the science is fighting back because some of the decisions taken were against scientific advice and they want the full minutes of the meetings published.

Their hiding places are being exposed.

Care to discuss this one then?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:33 pm 

If the UK had South Korea's 'deaths per million people' rate, then we'd have 29,000 fewer Coronavirus deaths

With Germany's rate, we'd have 23,000+ fewer deaths

A few countries have done even worse than the us , but there's no doubt the tory governments failures have led to far too many deaths

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:45 pm 

Impossible to judge as yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:04 pm 
It wasnt the other week though was it when you were celebrating their performance?

Funny how it's too early to judge now. When you had judged it a success even earlier.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:18 pm 
Ok then. How about commenting on this? The work of dom cummings.

https://mobile.twitter.com/garylineker/ ... 0734115840

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:20 pm 

Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Impossible to judge as yet.

It’s too early to get the full picture I agree but it’s not impossible to judge.

The bare facts are we have the second most deaths in the World and the most in Europe.

We had more warning than the other two badly effected countries in Europe, a couple of weeks.

Comparing our the speed of our lockdown and how stringent it was compared to almost all of the rest of the World shows most of the rest were stricter and more decisive.

It’s not impossible to make judgments based on those things it is quite fair.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:28 pm 

Not per capita we don’t and surely that’s a more relevant measure.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:56 pm 

Per capita we are fourth worst in the entire World, and that data is based on the UK having 29,000 deaths we know that figure is significantly higher. The two above are Italy and Spain who are ahead of us in terms of what stage they are at, we’ll pass Italy in this table within days I’d Imagine.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... habitants/

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:20 pm 

Spain have fewer people and their country is twice the size, we are closer to each other and a higher % of fuckwits to ignore what is good for them, can`t blame the government for that.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:24 pm 

It is argued time and time again that there are discrepancies in the way individual countries count and present their stats. It is also argued that it is too early to present the data and evidence gathered from across the World in order that lessons can be learned and acted upon.
I would expect that the WHO have independently started to collect this data and will continue to collect it until they are satisfied that they are in the best possible position to inform the World how and why this disease started and track its spread around the World, pointing out where good, not so good and bad decisions have been made and what could have been done better, with the sole purpose of putting the Whole World on the front foot should we be faced with anything similar again.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:24 pm 

MrI, I voted Tory for most of my life, in fact right up until the last elections. I often found myself having to argue my way out of corners and defend the difficult.

In your case, and this time, you are failing to defend what is, in fact, indefensible

There is no way around it, and you've yet to make a case.

This Government has cocked up practically everything since this crisis began. Yes its unprecedented, yes it's huge and at times unknown. However, Boris has blustered nonsense, Hancock has lied and continuing to lie. Raab looks like he's just woken up in a bed he doesn't remember getting into and the Gov in its entirety has failed the country.

Of course we don't know how the others would have done, but that's not the point.

I think as a country we'd be a lot more forgiving if they admitted mistakes were made, they've currently still got the post-Brexit love-in keeping them holding on....just and that is letting them get away with a lot more than it should.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:39 pm 

derwent wrote:
It is argued time and time again that there are discrepancies in the way individual countries count and present their stats. It is also argued that it is too early to present the data and evidence gathered from across the World in order that lessons can be learned and acted upon.

I can't see anyone left ,right or centre disputing that mr derwent.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:47 pm 

Article on the BBC website today comparing stats from the UK and Italy. It came to the conclusion that comparison wasn't possible as yet.

I have some sympathy with the government with regard to lockdown. I think ther are far more idiots in the population than they suspected.

Its the inconsistencies that get me. Strict social distancing..... except if youre on a flight, or you're a teacher, that's OK.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:55 pm 

bresslaw wrote:
MrI, I voted Tory for most of my life, in fact right up until the last elections. I often found myself having to argue my way out of corners and defend the difficult.

In your case, and this time, you are failing to defend what is, in fact, indefensible

There is no way around it, and you've yet to make a case.

This Government has cocked up practically everything since this crisis began. Yes its unprecedented, yes it's huge and at times unknown. However, Boris has blustered nonsense, Hancock has lied and continuing to lie. Raab looks like he's just woken up in a bed he doesn't remember getting into and the Gov in its entirety has failed the country.

Of course we don't know how the others would have done, but that's not the point.

I think as a country we'd be a lot more forgiving if they admitted mistakes were made, they've currently still got the post-Brexit love-in keeping them holding on....just and that is letting them get away with a lot more than it should.

A lot of sweeping statements there Mr Breslaw and you have quite categorically stated that the government have cocked up practically everything since this crisis began'
Can you list everything that the government have done or have been involved in since this crisis started, pointing out where they have followed advice, where they have not followed advice, the source of your information, what they have failed to do in each category, what they have done successfully or satisfactorily in your opinion and what advice you can offer to improve their performance. Can you please try and present the vast amount of evidence required to explain the validity of your views without prejudice, the benefit of hindsight or selective implications.
Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:01 pm 

Let's discuss hancocks appalling behaviour yesterday. Give us your thoughts on that.

Did anyone warn Matt she's a amateur boxer in her spare time ? sctatchinghead

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:11 pm 

Derwent, I don't need too bud. the number of deaths is doing that quite well on its own
Why don't you tell of the successes

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:16 pm 
He wont and cant. Otherwise he would have ages ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:19 pm 
phil wrote:
Why don't you list the things they have done right? Why don't you list one thing they have done right, with a source and the evidence of experts' advice?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

OK Derwent, I'll name a thing, just to show I'm not a whinging fucking snowflake - The chancellors prompt action on UC there's one, to be honest I don't know how successfully it has been on the ground, but there you go

Over to you Derwent

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 pm 

whos that one for wfa?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:37 pm 
bresslaw wrote:
whos that one for wfa?

Sorry, its for Derwent

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:40 pm 

I'm not making sweeping statements, therefore I don't need to justify them.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 pm 

Derwent, I actually wasn't directing the 'sweeping statements' to you anyway. Had I been, I would have started with your name.......

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:46 pm 

phil wrote:
Excellent. I was worried you would give some examples and make me look daft.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

clappp

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:50 pm 

Wouldn't do that to you Phil. I don't really need to.
I just love the way you all come out together. You all sit round waiting for a bone to be chucked.
Somebody suggested collective trampolining. Good band name that.............The Trampolines.
An imbalance of percussion though. Need to address that.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:54 pm 

derwent wrote:

derwent wrote:
Left wing propaganda induced by momentum. In the real world Boris and his magnificent team of Scientists, top medics and the NHS are doing a magnificent job. Probably the best team in British history.

Found one of those sweeping statements that you weren't making.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:56 pm 

bresslaw wrote:
Derwent, I actually wasn't directing the 'sweeping statements' to you anyway. Had I been, I would have started with your name.......

I know you weren't mate. Just like I wasn't addressing the horde who responded but I knew they would. So predictable aren't they.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:57 pm 

Soma wrote:
derwent wrote:

derwent wrote:
Left wing propaganda induced by momentum. In the real world Boris and his magnificent team of Scientists, top medics and the NHS are doing a magnificent job. Probably the best team in British history.

You're beginning to worry me. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:59 pm 

The NHS are doing a magnificent job despite Boris and his team, not because of them !!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:00 pm 

That'll be the horde of 5................I hope you pull through.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:02 pm 

The NHS are doing a magnificent job because of Boris and his magnificent team. Opinions eh??

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:04 pm 
Someone throw in the towel on behalf of derwent FFS , completely out of his depth.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:04 pm 

derwent wrote:

Don't worry yourself fella, took me about 30 seconds to find it. I'm good on the old computer.

So per your own request:

derwent wrote:
Can you list everything that the government have done or have been involved in since this crisis started, pointing out where they have followed advice, where they have not followed advice, the source of your information, what they have failed to do in each category, what they have done successfully or satisfactorily in your opinion and what advice you can offer to improve their performance. Can you please try and present the vast amount of evidence required to explain the validity of your views without prejudice, the benefit of hindsight or selective implications.
Thank you in advance.

Would you care to back up your sweeping statement I highlighted in my previous post?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:05 pm 

bresslaw wrote:
That'll be the horde of 5................I hope you pull through.

Thanks Mr B, I'll do me best. You keep yerself safe.
My meal is ready. Speak to you later.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:06 pm 
Quit on his stool. Finally a sensible decision.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:07 pm 
derwent wrote:
Soma wrote:
derwent wrote:

derwent wrote:

I think the team which lead the country during WWII and the government immediately afterwards, you know who introduced cradle to the grave healthcare system were a much better team

Do you get much dog shite posted through your letter box?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:29 pm 
He wont and cant. Otherwise he would have ages ago.

I rest the case for the prosecution.

Sackless

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:34 pm 
derwent wrote:
Wouldn't do that to you Phil. I don't really need to.
I just love the way you all come out together. You all sit round waiting for a bone to be chucked.
Somebody suggested collective trampolining. Good band name that.............The Trampolines.
An imbalance of percussion though. Need to address that.

Nobody was sitting around. We highlighted yet more nonsense from this lying government.

Unless you are hinting the government chucked the bone.

To use your analogy it seems is was myself and PJ that threw the bone. You picked it up and took a great big bite out if it. Silly Billy.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:10 pm 

Did anyone notice that the question this evening from BBC Yorkshire was from James Vincent. A lad brought up in our village. His dad Richard is someone I've known for almost forty years, Both great guys. Richard is a west country boy with a fantastic rich accent.
We've put up our bunting for VE day and her indoors is baking for the occasion. I was five months old on the first VE day and me dad used to always say that Hitler's demise was co-incidental with my arrival.
I sorted Hitler out and Mr I sorted the Argies out. Aren't you all so proud of us.
Come on now, don't be shy.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 pm 
derwent wrote:
Did anyone notice that the question this evening from BBC Yorkshire was from James Vincent. A lad brought up in our village. His dad Richard is someone I've known for almost forty years, Both great guys. Richard is a west country boy with a fantastic rich accent.
We've put up our bunting for VE day and her indoors is baking for the occasion. I was five months old on the first VE day and me dad used to always say that Hitler's demise was co-incidental with my arrival.
I sorted Hitler out and Mr I sorted the Argies out. Aren't you all so proud of us.

prick

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:20 pm 

TalbotAvenger wrote:
derwent wrote:

prick

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Go on son. clappp

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:18 pm 
Pooly_Imp wrote:
Article on the BBC website today comparing stats from the UK and Italy. It came to the conclusion that comparison wasn't possible as yet.

I have some sympathy with the government with regard to lockdown. I think ther are far more idiots in the population than they suspected.

Its the inconsistencies that get me. Strict social distancing..... except if youre on a flight, or you're a teacher, that's OK.

Strange though eh that until we overtook spain and Italy at every briefing they showed graphs comparing the uk to them. Niw the graphs dont show what they want us to see they aren't good for comparisons.

And people wonder why some of us dont trust them.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:23 pm 
And now the bloke johnso was quoting at mp's questions has now suggested the pm stops miss quoting him.

'Polite request to PM'
In today's UK Prime Minister's Questions, Boris Johnson said the number of coronavirus deaths in the UK should not be compared with those in other European countries - and quoted a newspaper article from Professor David Spiegelhalter as part of his argument.

However, Spiegelhalter has since gone on to Twitter to say: "Polite request to PM and others: please stop using my Guardian article to claim we cannot make any international comparisons yet.

"I refer only to detailed league tables - of course we should now use other countries to try and learn why our numbers are high."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:02 am 

derwent wrote:

Wow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next