Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sick irony
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:19 am 

That I’ve just heard on the news on the radio.

The Tube and London busses will stop and fall silent at 11am to honour the front line NHS workers who have died of covid-19.

What was the last TFL death toll? It was 26 when they last revealed it nearly two weeks ago.

We’re all in it together though eh?

Post subject: Re: Sick irony
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:21 am 

Why not just a minutes silence for everyone who's been badly let down by the government? Why single certain groups out at all?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:22 am 

Its a national thing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52450138

I hate all this cringeworthy neo-liberal bollocks, clapping and minutes silences etc , its dystopian , it fookin scares me , and worst of all , doesn't change a thing.

There was a time when people would've taken to the streets in this country and rioted , the only chance of that happening now is if the supermarkets ran out of supplies of John Smiths smooth and Fosters .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:34 am 

Surely minutes silences and reflection are for afterwards?

We’re not even at the end of beginning of this nightmare. It’s like it’s all for show ‘look at us and what a great job we’re doing and how much we care’. The fact remains that frontline NHS workers are being sent to face the virus today without adequate protection against it. Many falling silent today will not be around in a couple weeks as a direct result of this. Plus the likes of public transport workers and people are airports are facing the virus without much more than a ‘good luck and all best’ as protection.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:37 am 
horden wrote:
Its a national thing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52450138

I hate all this cringeworthy neo-liberal bollocks, clapping and minutes silences etc , its dystopian , it fookin scares me , and worst of all , doesn't change a thing.

There was a time when people would've taken to the streets in this country and rioted , the only chance of that happening now is if the supermarkets ran out of supplies of John Smiths smooth and Fosters .

Agree entirely. Sick to death of this clapping nonsense. Its almost like we are all apologising for an inept government, the department lead by a cretin wearing his NHS badge with pride. What I find even more ironic is that we stand outside at 8pm on a thursday night clapping along with all of the other residents. None of whom appear to notice the person opposite them, my wife who is outside clapping too, is one of those nurses they are clapping. Yet most of them know her just enough to know she is a nurse. Its just false bollocks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:48 am 

I don’t mind the clapping personally as it’s about showing appreciation for people putting themselves at risk to help others, nothing to do with the government as every bit of evidence over the last decade suggests they don’t appreciate them in the slightest. The public do though and they deserve some recognition.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:49 am 

Hancock's "care" badge is the one that gets me, he should have one above it saying "couldnt" and one below it saying "less".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:05 am 

PJPoolie wrote:

We’re not even at the end of beginning of this nightmare. It’s like it’s all for show ‘look at us and what a great job we’re doing and how much we care’. The fact remains that frontline NHS workers are being sent to face the virus today without adequate protection against it. Many falling silent today will not be around in a couple weeks as a direct result of this. Plus the likes of public transport workers and people are airports are facing the virus without much more than a ‘good luck and all best’ as protection.

i,m just wondering how many lives will be saved by clapping and silences. seems the way of the world now though where everyone wants to be seen on their social media page doing this type of stuff with the obligatory crocodile teams at the right places.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am 
Yet another meaningless and trite war analogy.
"Calling us heroes just makes it ok when we die " - nurse on Panorama.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:18 am 

It’s not really as the only thing your average person can do to save lives in stay in. Your average person isn’t showing crocodile tears it’s genuine outlet for showing some appreciation. Even if it just makes the people doing feel a bit better then it’s worthwhile as we all need a bit of a boost at this shit time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:07 am 

accrington fan wrote:
i,m just wondering how many lives will be saved by clapping and silences. seems the way of the world now though where everyone wants to be seen on their social media page doing this type of stuff with the obligatory crocodile teams at the right places.

I've just observed the silence, with tears. Not sure if they're crocodile tears. I can be both angry at the way this has been handled and incredibly sad at the devastation that's resulted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:19 am 

The clapping for the NHS is important. It recounts reminds people how important it is, not to take it for granted and to remember that at election time. Plus you are ingraining that into a whole new generation of kids who will remember these times. Long may it last.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:27 am 
I like the idea of it, I'd like to think there's people working on the frontline that live near me are listening and realise that they are hugely appreciated, despite what our government has done to them both during this crisis and in the years previous.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:44 am 
It's not now they need to be appreciated. Its after this is all over and the tories try to deflect further discussion on the nhs.

Let's see how.many want to still.clap at ipm on a Thursday in a years time.or how many will call this government out in that time.

Anyone that wont shouldn't be clapping now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:49 am 

The way I see it is like watching England games - along with you cheering them on are the know-nowts, the hypocrites, the attention-seekers, the pricks etc. But everyone cheers when England scores.

Please keep doing it. Our lass is a front line NHS worker and it means a lot to her when all the street joins in.

As pointed out above, it makes kids and everyone else keep valuing the NHS and other public services. Even if it sticks in your throat seeing the twat across the road taking a selfie whilst its going on please keep making the noise.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:52 am 

yloop wrote:
I like the idea of it, I'd like to think there's people working on the frontline that live near me are listening and realise that they are hugely appreciated, despite what our government has done to them both during this crisis and in the years previous.

I never used to clap for similar reasons to what others on here have said. I spoke to my ex about it (whose sister is a Dr in Sheffield's Children's Hospital) and she changed my mind. Most staff do appreciate it. That's why I do it now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:53 pm 

The more it goes on the more they surely can’t survive as a government after this. They are being exposed as frauds and liars on daily basis, The Prime Minister is a absent apart from scripted and vacuous platitude fight them on the beaches bollocks. The PPE situation is a cover up and scandal they are intentionally misleading people with the death figures.

Does anyone want to tell me they are doing a ‘good job’ still?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:07 pm 

phil wrote:
I think the clapping is a load of bollocks. I send an email to Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock complaining about the lack of PPE at 8pm on a Thursday to show my appreciation to the NHS.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

This.

Tory voters clapping the NHS is like a pedophile donating to a childline fundraiser. The lack of self awareness is simply unfathomable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:15 pm 
PJPoolie wrote:
The more it goes on the more they surely can’t survive as a government after this. They are being exposed as frauds and liars on daily basis, The Prime Minister is a absent apart from scripted and vacuous platitude fight them on the beaches bollocks. The PPE situation is a cover up and scandal they are intentionally misleading people with the death figures.

There are a couple on here that will, but another couple that have gone very quiet lately.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:20 pm 

Watching from afar wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:

There are a couple on here that will, but another couple that have gone very quiet lately.

As mentioned in another post. There's one who's clearly changed his mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:28 pm 
yes, should have mentioned him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 pm 

Who's had this eureka moment? would they like to join our gang ? If so details below

https://join.peoplesmomentum.com/ :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 pm 

horden wrote:
Who's had this eureka moment? would they like to join our gang ? If so details below

https://join.peoplesmomentum.com/ :laugh:

:laugh:
Don't think he's gone that far! Yet. We can still brainwash him if he hangs around long enough. :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:35 pm 
Another car crash press conference tonight with hannibal Hancock. When will it all end.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 pm 
How long does everyone think it will be before the phrase " we are following the science" turns into "it was the science what did it"?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 pm 

Another car crash press conference tonight with hannibal Hancock. When will it all end.

He looked very uncomfortable with that last question , about the 18000 track tracers. Apparently recruitment is already underway , 18000 to be recruited in next 3 weeks to coincide with app coming out, that's some going that is, where are these people coming from? I thought we had full employment , are they volunteers or from the Armed Forces? shades of PPE arriving from Turkey tomorrow me thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:58 pm 

Will Johnson show up for PMQ's tomorrow or will he find a nice cosy fridge? Hope Starmer rips him another arsehole.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:54 pm 
Yep. Spot on. Which is why I am staggered the medical people allow themselves to be so clearly used in this way.

These are meant to be intelligent people so surely they can see what's coming and distance themselves from the idiots in charge.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:57 pm 
Yep. Spot on. Which is why I am staggered the medical people allow themselves to be so clearly used in this way.

These are meant to be intelligent people so surely they can see what's coming and distance themselves from the idiots in charge.

The ones on the podiums are mainly middle management bot lickers. Nodding dogs from some quango or other riding the taxpayer gravy train. They are appearing on little more than Party Political Broadcasts where a positive spin is put on things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:58 pm 
Tony Hancock still adamant we will be doing 100,000 tests a day from Thursday. He clearly has an ace up his sleeve. Wait for some figure fiddling ruse to get him out of the shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 pm 
Already doing that isn't he? The capacity will be at 100k by Thursday but there is no way of checking of that is correct.

It's all about capacity now remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:13 pm 

You just know loads of resources will have been diverted to create 'capacity' which is unlikely to be taken up because of the impractical nature of it. As per the nurse given an appointment in Penrith. And the workers will get the blame for not taking up the offers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:17 pm 
I dont mind the tories changing the rules. It's the gullible idiots that believe them and allow blatant lying I have issue with.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:38 am 

The capacity might be there to do the tests eg the machines but the kits in which to do them or samples taken and getting to the testing centres eg in Milton Keynes is another issue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:44 am 

[quote="Watching from afar"]Already doing that isn't he? The capacity will be at 100k by Thursday but there is no way of checking of that is correct.

obviously it will be correct if the government tells us it is. we must believe in our PM, his cabinet and the advisors. when i clap i,ll be clapping for our boris. must go now, 3 blokes in white coats are ringing my bell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:47 am 

Compo wrote:
The capacity might be there to do the tests eg the machines but the kits in which to do them or samples taken and getting to the testing centres eg in Milton Keynes is another issue.

73,000 kits and 43,000 tests as of yesterday , did I hear that right?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:04 am 
poolieinnottingham wrote:
You just know loads of resources will have been diverted to create 'capacity' which is unlikely to be taken up because of the impractical nature of it. As per the nurse given an appointment in Penrith. And the workers will get the blame for not taking up the offers.

She rang up yesterday to tell them she didn't feel well enough to complete a 3 and a half hour round trip to Penrith and wanted to cancel. They re-routed her to Bishop Auckland. She asked why they didn't send her there in first place and was told they have to allocate people to places with most capacity not what is closest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:16 am 

Location: The people's democratic illegal republic of Catalonia
If an ocean liner has a 3000 passenger capacity and no engines, it never sets sail. It doesn't have any capacity at all except a theoretical capacity.
Theoretical capacity is great for testing whether theoretical people are theoretically ill.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:18 pm 
Why is it bizarre?its all part of hannibal Hancocks drive to be proved right on tests. He isn't going to get 100,000 people tested a day so now it's all about the capacity.

And just to make the testing figures look better thousands are being tested twice or three times.

Never seen such a corrupt morally inept government in the uk in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:27 pm 
Point is that in the week after your test hand ock has made the whole process go bonkers just to try and prove his point.

Therefore tour simple process isn't simple any more

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:27 pm 

They'll double the figures by counting each nostril tested and multiplying the tests by two.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:59 pm 

You lot convincing each other that you’re right and the hilarious suggestion that the (80 majority) government will fall after this is getting more and more surreal by the day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:59 pm 

Regarding the PPE They’ll also say there’s 4 fingers in each glove so that’s times four then double that for 2 thumbs and hey presto we have 30 trillions bits of PPE!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:14 pm 
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
You lot convincing each other that you’re right and the hilarious suggestion that the (80 majority) government will fall after this is getting more and more surreal by the day.

You may well be right. It's easy to underestimate the actual number of stupid people there are prepared to vote for this shower. Almost as easy as this governments ability to underestimate the dead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:39 pm 
And I dont believe you are a tory. Just a wind up merchant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:46 pm 

Naw, I’ve previously posted my membership card and my voting slip for the leadership election. I mean every word.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:59 pm 
Good to know

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:44 pm 
phil wrote:
It's bizarre because my experience was the exact opposite, it was very straight forward.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

If you have a car and are well enough to drive you can get tested. If you have £150 for a private test you can get tested.
If you are on benefits and without transport you can go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:48 pm 
Mr Irrelevant wrote:

Its like being Billy Goat Gruff on a bridge with this joker around.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:51 am 

Comical ‘I’lly

Again another post were he said fuck all. How many seats they have will mean fuck all to the people who made catastrophic and deadly calls once the public enquiry comes. A good result for them will be to not face criminal charges so no doubt the resignations will come before. The only question is how many will they throw under the bus before they get to ‘Boris’ and Cummings.