Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: It hurts me to say ...but its done and dusted...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:09 am 

This site is now done & totally dusted! It was a superb site back in the day with a good number of quality posters who now only post on odd occasions for example Sir Muttters of Hartlepool and many many more good genuine / honest / true fans of H.U.F.C. Mr I for example should have been Knighted by now instead of abused for his instrumental input and none paid work over the years. Then the likes of Monkey Butt a man who decided to support his local team ...a team that he adopted and continues with passion & 110% loyalty to follow. He should be commended for that yet some ridicule him because of his silly "wind ups" instead of applauding him for being a far better supporter than me and many of you. Anyway gripe over just a terrible shame a small number of V V IMPORTANT keyboard warriors drove away so many good Poolies who simply had a different opinion. R.I.P. The Bunker.

Post subject: Re: It hurts me to say ...but its done and dusted...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:46 am 

The Earth isn't flat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:02 am 

Aliens abducted all the old posters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:34 pm 

Bit of an odd one Mr Twilight. The posters you give as examples haven't been driven away by anyone on the Bunker.

Mr I still owns it and posts fairly regularly. He got a lot of undeserved stick due to Trust related stuff but it wasn't from people on here where he is pretty much universally respected for what he did.

Mutley doesn't post that often but I have no idea why not. When he does pop up he is always welcomed so maybe he just has other stuff to do? I really can't remember him ever being treated in a way you could call driving away.

Monkeybutt does get a lot of stick but he does dish it out and also pushes his "silly wind-ups" pretty hard. As far as them being silly goes he defends them as harmless even when other people think they're offensive and doesn't budge an inch. When you do that you get stick because other people are entitled to opinions as well. Whatever impact criticism of Monkeybutt has had it certainly hasn't stopped him posting on here because he's never away. Even when faced with horrific instances of tepid water The Bunker was his first resort.

Obviously Bunker use has dropped in line with the general use of Forums as opposed to social media but your examples don't really support the idea that keyboard warriors have driven people away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 pm 

Can't even get shot of Mad John and he's to blame for everything.

(Brilliant that In The Mad Crowd is fully updated BTW- must have been another ton of work but caps doffed as usual)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:58 pm 

Some people have thicker skin than others, my alter ego is Rhino Neil and absolutely nothing bothers me , the easily offended and ' it's my opinion' brigade have 2 options, stay and participate or leave quietly!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:31 pm 

There is such a thing as skin that is way too thick Mr Butt. That said, even your staunchest critics would have to admit that you're a hard turd to flush.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:31 pm 

I love it when people call other people keyboard warriors on an online forum using a keyboard. Naming the keyboard warriors would be a start?

My guess would be yloop.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:41 pm 

born toulouse wrote:
There is such a thing as skin that is way too thick Mr Butt. That said, even your staunchest critics would have to admit that you're a hard turd to flush.

:laugh: :laugh:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:46 pm 

I'd say Yloop is more of an online cowboy roaming the digital prairies and nobody usually minds them, it's the warriors that cause all the bother.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:06 am 

I’m not going again until the bunkers back to its 08 glory days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 am 

Lets say your right... the bunkers going down the pan etc etc

You haven't posted properly since November mr twilight and in that post you called someone a tosser and just generally threw insults at them.

1. maybe a post like that contributes to the decline.

2. if you were that bothered about the bunker then start some threads, do some posts and create some debates.

The bunker isnt a person, it does not survive on its own. If you want it to survive then help it.

If you love reading mr butts posts, each to there own like, then just crack on and read them, theres plenty.

Dont see the need for this thread tbf.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:11 am 

Yubep wrote:
2. if you were that bothered about the bunker then start some threads, do some posts and create some debates.

Dont see the need for this thread tbf.

:laugh:

This thread did make me laugh that one person sees themselves important enough to declare the bunker dead.

There are still plenty of posters, some who've been on here for ages. Some of the more regular posters have stopped posting but things never stay the same. Personally, I'd say stop being all emotional and post about Pools and takeaways and everything will be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 am 

There was already a good discussion about the Bunker's health relative to other message boards going on when Twilight decided to hijack the conversation and throw in some added doom and gloom.

He's talking about how good the site was "back in the day" but I notice he's only been on here since 2011 - a few months less than me.

Leaving aside changes in the way people use social media and the football club's relentless downward spiral since 2011, I remember reading comments to the effect that the Bunker was past its best even then!

Nostalgia is never what it used to be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am 

Monkeybutt wrote:
Some people have thicker skin than others, my alter ego is Rhino Neil and absolutely nothing bothers me , the easily offended and ' it's my opinion' brigade have 2 options, stay and participate or leave quietly!

exactly. i,ll post nothing that i would not say face to face to any fan. we all have our opinions and we do not all like everyones but so what. at least we do not all follow the party line living in total fear of people shouting us down like some clubs forums. try stockport county messageboard if you fancy a managers love in and a feeling of nearly everyone thinking the same.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:40 am 

accrington fan wrote:
[quote="Monkeybutt"]Some people have thicker skin than others, my alter ego is Rhino Neil and absolutely nothing bothers me , the easily offended and ' it's my opinion' brigade have 2 options, stay and participate or leave quietly!

exactly. i,ll post nothing that i would not say face to face to any fan. we all have our opinions and we do not all like everyones but so what. at least we do not all follow the party line living in total fear of people shouting us down like some clubs forums. try stockport county messageboard if you fancy a managers love in and a feeling of nearly everyone thinking the same.[/quote]

You are right

I live in fear of being shouted down on a forum

Haven’t left the house in months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:28 am 

I dont think anyone been 'driven away'. I just see it that thankfully those who speak nothing but negative bile and rejoice in seeing us get beat etc slowly fuck off. I dont want to read people writing a keeper off after 90 minutes or a left back after 45 and declaring him 'an utter liability' etc. No harm in saying they had a poor game etc but the way some people go in is absolutely unbelievable. Thankfully very few of those left here, most probably moved to the clubs facebook posts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:59 pm 

I remember the ALB/Budtz era. You've changed Mr Tree sadx :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 pm 

Things move on and change and the old 'uns always bemoan the loss of the old days.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:20 pm 

misterb2001 wrote:
I remember the ALB/Budtz era. You've changed Mr Tree sadx :laugh:

Yup, iv seen the errors of my ways and grew up! :laugh:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:18 pm 
Fuck have I done?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:46 pm 

My arse!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:01 pm 

tREE_wiTH_hAMStER wrote:
I dont think anyone been 'driven away'. I just see it that thankfully those who speak nothing but negative bile and rejoice in seeing us get beat etc slowly fuck off. I dont want to read people writing a keeper off after 90 minutes or a left back after 45 and declaring him 'an utter liability' etc. No harm in saying they had a poor game etc but the way some people go in is absolutely unbelievable. Thankfully very few of those left here, most probably moved to the clubs facebook posts.

I have to say Tree you have got much mellower over the years. I remember on the In The Net days when everyone thought you and Gravedisorder were the same person that you seemed a bit glass half full.

It's good to have more positive Poolies on here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm 

I miss GraveDisorder sadx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 pm 

Here we go - down memory lane with the Bunker Veterans' Association!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 pm 

Here we go - down memory lane with the Bunker Veterans' Association!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm 

My name is Bresslaw and I'm a Freemason

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:28 am 

tREE_wiTH_hAMStER wrote:

lot of the problems about players is people post just after a game which with emotions running high is not the best time to talk about the game or players. wait till the next day and stuff does not seem as bad then.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:40 am 
Can you even leave the bunker without a big post about it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:30 am 

I don't see why anybody should leave the bunker with or without a fanfare. Obviously there are reasons why people stop posting and we all have a lull from time to time.
People may have stopped posting or reduced their contributions but that doesn't necessarily mean they've left.
I read the bunker every day but can go weeks without posting and there are others within that category.
It's no big deal or one to be made a fuss of. The original poster obviously has strong feelings on the subject but I really don't see what he is trying to achieve by posting nothing for months on end and then come out with that little rant. What triggered it off??? Indeed why should anything trigger it off.
The written word can often be taken the wrong way. Whereas a face to face discussion can put a totally different slant on it.
I give my opinions and people either agree or disagree. There are people who will disagree with anything and everything just for the sake of it. So what??? If that floats their boat let them get on with it. After a while it becomes obvious which people are the best read and which people are on the wind up.
The best advice anyone can give themselves is you have the right and ability to pick and choose so do exactly that.
Goodbye Mr Twilight and best wishes to you but something tells me you will still read all the rubbish the rest of us put on. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 am 

I cant post today sorry im off to tesco to tell them how shit they are and that im not coming in anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am 
Shit since all the staff left that didn't leave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm 

I am still here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:49 am 

I'm not

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am 

What really pisses me off is when PJ constantly picks at Monkeysbutt, you can see the guy has issues, what with being out in Yemen and that war must be taking its toll and tha, perhaps things will improve now he has been deported for reasons unknown(LGBGT I bet).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 am 

Still have the odd peep! Still here, still alive, not attending matches but HUFC will always be my Club. Got a Record Shop now! See yers in a few years!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 am 

Anna Conda wrote:
What really pisses me off is when PJ constantly picks at Monkeysbutt, you can see the guy has issues, what with being out in Yemen and that war must be taking its toll and tha, perhaps things will improve now he has been deported for reasons unknown(LGBGT I bet).

Out of interest how many log ins do you have you sad bastard?

Borderline obsession, quite frightening in a way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:23 pm 

ElvisC wrote:
Still have the odd peep! Still here, still alive, not attending matches but HUFC will always be my Club. Got a Record Shop now! See yers in a few years!!

Surely writing 'Back In 10 Minutes' on a paper bag would cover you for long enough to take in a match and maybe a pint beforehand?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:29 pm 

This is not here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 pm 

Anna Conda wrote:
What really pisses me off is when PJ constantly picks at Monkeysbutt, you can see the guy has issues, what with being out in Yemen and that war must be taking its toll and tha, .

Middle East peace talks weren't helped when Monkeybutt failed to turn up for lunch with PJ in Doha .. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:02 pm 

He was posting on one of his 12 other log ins at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm 

I wonder if Rhino Neil will be the next alternate account...

In all seriousness after looking at a few other EFL League 2 and 1 boards, this place is extremely active.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 pm 

I was trying to find some reaction from Fylde ‘fans’ after the other night and couldn’t really find anything but then again they did take 700 to the play off final at Wembley.........

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:50 am 

PJPoolie wrote:
I was trying to find some reaction from Fylde ‘fans’ after the other night and couldn’t really find anything but then again they did take 700 to the play off final at Wembley.......

On facebook I often get shown "pages you might like". No word of a lie, Braintree Town's official facebook had around 400 likes. There are some EBAC teams with more likes than that

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:08 am 

EBAC?

"Ebac, Newton Aycliffe. 6295 likes · 717 talking about this. Ebac are a British manufacturer of Dehumidifiers, Washing Machines and Water Coolers who are.."

Google

Many more likes, like.