Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:01 am 

PJPoolie wrote:
95% of the abuse as it’s being termed has been from that side, it is pathetic.

That being the case your "side" has very little to do to eradicate abuse. Easy task.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:06 am 

Why are you deleting posts that don’t contain abuse?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:17 am 

Not answering that question then?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:23 am 

You'll all face the consequences if you are not careful.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:24 am 

Soma wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
For weeks people have invited those defending the government to offer some substance, evidence and context to that view.

The silence is deafening yet we are being patronised by a deluded man who has caused more conflict than anyone on this board especially in recent months. You couldn’t actually make this up.

This is the crux of the matter for me. Those defending the government never bother to actually respond with any evidence or substance as you say. And simply ignore posts from posters who have gone into detail.

Then every now and then they pop up, declare Boris Johnson is Winston Churchill reincarnate, claim that this government is doing fantastically well (despite the clear contrary evidence) and shout something about those bullying lefties. It'd be funny if it wasn't so Orwellian.

Since when was not criticising the government classed as defending it?
Who has said Boris Johnson is Winston Churchill reincarnate?

As for lefties, I get called a Tory, A neo Liberal, a member of the Boris fan club and yet I am a card carrying member and financial contributor of the Labour party. It's tit for tat but some only see or complain about the antics of the other side.
My leader is performing admirably with his stance of supporting the government and their team where he sees fit and making valuable suggestions where he sees possible improvement, like the production of an exit plan. I am following his leadership.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:26 am 

Why are you deleting people’s posts that don’t contain abuse?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:26 am 
Soma wrote:
derwent wrote:
The Fat Man wrote:
derwent wrote:

That is correct with regards to banning but I've never said it about deleting as I wasn't aware of that facility until some of my posts were disappearing recently.

I've also got a PM from you dated 2012 when you complained about my deleting a post. Are you sure you didn't know moderators could delete posts until recently, or is 2012 recent?

I was sure but now I've checked you are right. I apologise for not remembering. Can you point me to your removal as a moderator and the part I am alleged to have played, cos i can't recall that either. I honestly thought you were a Mod still, which is why I directed criticism about your apparent lack of even handedness. Why didn't you tell me then that you couldn't moderate cos you'd been relieved of your duties at that point, or did you? I might have missed your reply.

He sent you an e-mail about it. You probably missed it, there's a lot of that going around.
he does seem to miss a lot. Especially stuff he doesn't like or suit his strange agenda.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:29 am 

phil wrote:
I stopped reading at "don't have to justify your opinion to have it."

You basically accept that you're talking nonsense then? Or else you'd be more than happy to justify your point of view.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Incredible isn’t it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:33 am 
We've seen it in loads of places, the internet has given people a soapbox whereas normally they'd just be dismissed with a "wellaye mate" and be left to sit in the corner of the pub looking like a fool.

It also gives people the persona to hide behind and in a lot of cases exaggerate to the point of being a caricature.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:37 am 

Why where post deleted? Shouldn't moderators practice what you preach? Fat man makes some great points and i think this is all very stupid. This thread has now made a rod for the mods back and now everything by them will be heavily scrutinised (apart from Mr I as its his board)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 am 

phil wrote:

You basically accept that you're talking nonsense then? Or else you'd be more than happy to justify your point of view.

It's called choice.
I'm happy not explaining my point of view on occasions and no I don't accept I'm taiking nonsense.
It's ironic that you didn't read the full post but can deem it to be nonsense.
That reply rather answers your own question don't you think.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 am 

Why are posts being deleted?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:46 am 

Why where post deleted? Shouldn't moderators practice what you preach?

Can you answer why you didnt and also respond to Fat Man points about your Nephew

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:52 am 

Any update on why he is deleting posts?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:53 am 

Soma wrote:
derwent wrote:
The Fat Man wrote:
derwent wrote:

That is correct with regards to banning but I've never said it about deleting as I wasn't aware of that facility until some of my posts were disappearing recently.

I've also got a PM from you dated 2012 when you complained about my deleting a post. Are you sure you didn't know moderators could delete posts until recently, or is 2012 recent?

I was sure but now I've checked you are right. I apologise for not remembering. Can you point me to your removal as a moderator and the part I am alleged to have played, cos i can't recall that either. I honestly thought you were a Mod still, which is why I directed criticism about your apparent lack of even handedness. Why didn't you tell me then that you couldn't moderate cos you'd been relieved of your duties at that point, or did you? I might have missed your reply.

He sent you an e-mail about it. You probably missed it, there's a lot of that going around.

Thanks for your effort to enlighten me but I'll wait for Mr Fatman's reply if you don't mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am 

Compo wrote:
Why where post deleted? Shouldn't moderators practice what you preach?

Can you answer why you didnt and also respond to Fat Man points about your Nephew

I answered Mr Fatman ages ago and apologised to him for not recalling the incident.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:56 am 

Why are you deleting other posts?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:59 am 

So basically you are lying then and not practicing what you preach before you where a mod? And just picking and choosing?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:59 am 

PJPoolie wrote:
Any update on why he is deleting posts?

Which post do you refer to and i'll have a look.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 pm 

This is all very rude from a moderator preaching on one hand about everyone being nice to each other whilst on the other hand refusing to answer perfectly reasonable questions.

The two things don’t really fit together do they?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:01 pm 

You've gone way too far Mr Derwent.

These deletions aren't random, they're just posters who've disagreed with you or annoyed you over the last few months. Moderate levels of abuse like calling people delusional are OK and so is arguing that things people post are racist. You've been a prominent defender of some horrible stuff on the grounds of free speech, right to an opinion etc. These personal/political deletions are rank hypocrisy and refusing to even explain them makes it worse.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:03 pm 

Basically there a number of older great posters on here who are very annoyed at your actions eg MadJohn, Mutley, Yloop Born Toulouse that should speak volumes Derwent. In the last 6 months there has been a very big change.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:04 pm 

derwent wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:

You can’t remember the posts you have recently deleted?

That doesn’t seem very genuine.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm 

Long gone are the glory days of talking socks, takeaways and FDE chew. Fucking state of the bunker now.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:11 pm 

Compo wrote:
So basically you are lying then and not practicing what you preach before you where a mod? And just picking and choosing?

No need to lie and I didn't, I simply forgot, it was eight years ago.
On practising what I preach......the bunker has changed since then and I'm trying to stop insults and abuse and what I preach now is that insults and abuse directed at fellow members is no longer acceptable, whether they are directed at you, me or anybody else.
Won't be civil=won't be heard.
No picking no choosing.
Mr Fatman's cry for civility will be heeded.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:15 pm 

Why are you deleting posts that contain no abuse?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 pm 

PJPoolie wrote:
derwent wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:

You can’t remember the posts you have recently deleted?

That doesn’t seem very genuine.

Neither does your question if you can't refer to the post. If it was your post and it was insulting a person or persons then that is why it would have been deleted.
Remember............Won't be civil=Won't be heard.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:21 pm 

phil wrote:
derwent wrote:
phil wrote:

It's called choice.
I'm happy not explaining my point of view on occasions and no I don't accept I'm taiking nonsense.
It's ironic that you didn't read the full post but can deem it to be nonsense.
That reply rather answers your own question don't you think.
Having read the rest of your post, no. It doesn't answer anything.

Fine by me, I can only but try.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:22 pm 

PJPoolie wrote:

I'm not.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:22 pm 

How am I am not being civil?

You know fine well which posts you have deleted.

As one example I posted in thread Mutley started something like ‘well said Mutley’ it’s vanished. I said you and Mr I should be ashamed of yourselves. That is not abuse, it’s a point I stand by. Is that the part you didn’t like?

You have deleted nearly 40 posts and tried to ban two people. That’s a lot of abuse that nobody else can see. The only abuse is you of the power Mr I thought it would be a good laugh to give you. I’ll give it to him it is funny.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:32 pm 

Compo wrote:
Basically there a number of older great posters on here who are very annoyed at your actions eg MadJohn, Mutley, Yloop Born Toulouse that should speak volumes Derwent. In the last 6 months there has been a very big change.

No the big change came after the brexit vote when people's respect of other people's opinion started to wane and now there are people who are simply narking the pitch, winding people up, deliberately name calling with intention to insult and I am just as responsible for that as the next man. I think it has to stop and I've stopped doing it.
Others will have to follow so we can return the bunker to where it was pre brexit. Personally I would like to see people do it voluntarily and called for that a month or two back but the response wasn't positive enough so here we are.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:38 pm 

Dont you see that you are the biggest culprit and are driving people away.

Why have you tried to ban two people

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:39 pm 

Can I let you into a secret you are not going to get The Bunker back anywhere it’s finished.

Are you not reading all the replies? Have you not noticed all the missing posters?

This is down to you.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 pm 

born toulouse wrote:
You've gone way too far Mr Derwent.

These deletions aren't random, they're just posters who've disagreed with you or annoyed you over the last few months. Moderate levels of abuse like calling people delusional are OK and so is arguing that things people post are racist. You've been a prominent defender of some horrible stuff on the grounds of free speech, right to an opinion etc. These personal/political deletions are rank hypocrisy and refusing to even explain them makes it worse.

No post has been deleted by me for the word delusional, I simple explained to PJ that calling people deluded didn't help. The post is still there.
I am not defending anything that I have said on this board, The important thing is I've stopped it, I'm trying to be responsible in fairness to the moderating responsibility and the owner of this board.
Using the word you say is ok, anybody who thinks this board can function in the manner it used to by continuing the abuse that gets chucked about is delusional.
It is not personal or political and I have explained my position. Won't be civil= won't be heard.
It couldn't be simpler.
That's it now folks. You know what to do to prevent the deletion of abusive posts.Make them a thing of the past. I've tried to answer all your queries. You know the score, obey Mr Fatman's plea and be civil.
Follow Madjohn's advice and judge the action not the actor and all will be fine.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:05 pm 

You are avoiding fair questions.

That is not very civil, it’s actually quite rude.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:07 pm 

Why have you tried to ban two people?

Shouldnt a Mod answer these and be open?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12