Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:41 pm 

I am pissing myself to be fair

But it’s not right what he’s doing to Derwent I think we are seeing a pretty terrible blokes true colours here. He’s exploiting someone and hanging them out to dry while he as ever says fuck all.

Last edited by PJPoolie on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:44 pm 

phil wrote:
I bet Mr I is sat pissing himself laughing at this.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

We both would be but it isn't funny really is it. Just respect every poster and just like magic, things will improve.
So far a few posts have been knocked back, the posters will follow unless they start showing respect. This will happen believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:47 pm 

PJPoolie wrote:
I am pissing myself to be fair

But it’s not right what he’s doing to Derwent I think we are seeing a pretty terrible blokes true colours here. He’s exploiting someone and hanging them out to dry while he as ever says fuck all.

Don't worry PJ, I'm ok.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:48 pm 

phil wrote:
Why not save the hassle and start approving messages before they can be posted? What if I start posting nasty thing about Boris when everyone else is asleep?

shhhhhhhh! Don't tell him that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:51 pm 

Mr I’s little rocket man.

All behind their glorious leader.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:52 pm 

yloop wrote:
derwent wrote:
Half Spaces wrote:
derwent wrote:
I think Boris and his government are doing a great job .

How so?

How so not????

Because 1000 people are still dying every day.

Ah but without the intervention of boris and his team that figure could be thousands more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:52 pm 
derwent wrote:
yloop wrote:
derwent wrote:
Half Spaces wrote:
derwent wrote:
I think Boris and his government are doing a great job .

How so?

How so not????

Because 1000 people are still dying every day.

Ah but without the intervention of boris and his team that figure could be thousands more.

That doesn’t make it ok. It should be better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:54 pm 

Yeah! Like that time Boris saved our skin with his herd immunity plan! Cutting back the NHS was also a move of utmost intelligence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:54 pm 

Location: The people's democratic illegal republic of Catalonia
New cases topping 6000 a day. Deaths still topping 600. Government congratulating itself. People thinking they are doing a great job.
What does that imply about these people's definition of a great job?
Come on, you don't need a PhD.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:58 pm 

Yubep wrote:
what posts are getting deleted?

I'd tell you but the moderator log seems to have done a Boris.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:00 pm 

I imagine the death toll is about the same now as it would have if the government had of done fuck all in January and February.

Oh no sorry they didn’t.

Last edited by PJPoolie on Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:03 pm 

The Fat Man wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:

This feels like the end for The Bunker.

It'll be fine. Derwent has said on many occasions that he doesn't believe in deleting posts or banning people. He's also been very vocal, in the past, that moderators should act appropriately and not abuse other board members. So I, for one, expect very sensible and considered posts from Derwent from now on, and only to use his powers if he absolutely has to do so.

I was being sarcastic here, by the way. I said to myself, give it a couple of days and he'll be up to all sorts. Seems I was wrong. It was a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:04 pm 

The Fat Man wrote:
The Fat Man wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:

It'll be fine. Derwent has said on many occasions that he doesn't believe in deleting posts or banning people. He's also been very vocal, in the past, that moderators should act appropriately and not abuse other board members. So I, for one, expect very sensible and considered posts from Derwent from now on, and only to use his powers if he absolutely has to do so.

I was being sarcastic here, by the way. I said to myself, give it a couple of days and he'll be up to all sorts. Seems I was wrong. It was a couple of hours.

Yeah I know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 pm 

Montpoolier wrote:
New cases topping 6000 a day. Deaths still topping 600. Government congratulating itself. People thinking they are doing a great job.
What does that imply about these people's definition of a great job?
Come on, you don't need a PhD.

I've got a PhD. But I can't say what I think for the fear that my post will be deleted. Self censorship is the way forward. Boris is my king.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:07 pm 

The colour change in my name is deliberate. I've set my default group to gadgy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:08 pm 

Respect Mr Monty. A very sad end for The Bunker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:11 pm 

Montpoolier wrote:
The colour change in my name is deliberate. I've set my default group to gadgy.

Best moderator on the board, by far, jacks it in. A sad day for this place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:15 pm 

A low point for the bunker. Feels a bit like the day we lost to Blyth in the cup on live Tv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:25 pm 

Mr Derwent has been on a massive wind up ever since he got joy from pretending to be a Tory sympathiser during the election campaign. You can' t have moderators who are taking the piss though.

Always thought Mr I was a Tory but a libertarian first and foremost, if this isn't a pisstake that stops very soon I'll have been proved wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:44 pm 

If people would just stop and reflect that posting is about putting your own point of view forward whilst respecting the fact that others might have a different point of view then we wouldn't have a problem.
There is an element on here that don't accept that and no matter how they dress it up, they are spoiling the board.
If you can't accept that people are entitled to disagree without being subjected to consistent abuse, ridicule and a bombardment of scrutiny then you have to form your own forum where everybody agrees in harmony. Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:55 pm 

I will spend a couple of hours tomorrow copy and pasting every post when you have fallen short of these standards and I will post them. You better get deleting quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:00 pm 

Haven't checked in for a while. This is just bizarre. It's sort of funny too, until you remember the context of all of this is a global pandemic in which thousands are dying. Then it just becomes weird in a worrying way to see what's happening here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:05 pm 
phil wrote:

This is him surely?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:08 pm 
derwent wrote:
phil wrote:

We both would be but it isn't funny really is it. Just respect every poster and just like magic, things will improve.
So far a few posts have been knocked back, the posters will follow unless they start showing respect. This will happen believe me.

The posts deleted were anti boris johnson norlt derwent. So are you saying we are bullying johnson?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:09 pm 

PJPoolie wrote:
I will spend a couple of hours tomorrow copy and pasting every post when you have fallen short of these standards and I will post them. You better get deleting quickly.

"Your post has hit the character limit. Please condense your post.".

The Gus Mafuta and Election Thread will be goldmines...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:13 pm 
Its derwent though is it?

Its hugely pathetic either way.

But good old tory tactic. The bunker ran by dominic cummings.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:15 pm 

Bullying who though? Abusing who though?

We've had the openly racist Kevin Poole's Gloves fuck off in a huff so he's gone but Monkeybutt who is an openly homophobic, self-confessed groomer, thief and borderline racist who boasts about getting rimmed by dogs gets along without much bother all considered.

People took the piss out of you Mr Derwent because you'd seemed sane commpared to the two mentioned above but you made some very ill-advised comments after the Dover match which included going on about race and rape cards. These were contentious views that anybody could expect to see some reaction to. Same with baiting the 'lefties', you dished it out but seem upset about getting some back. So much for free speech.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:30 pm 
phil wrote:
The fact racists, homophobes and MonkeyButts think that they should be allowed to post without criticism, ridicule or scrutiny when they are openly advocating the deaths of thousands is surreal.

Sadly its just a mirror of society now, where Neo Nazi's, Racists and Homophobes get invited onto mainstream news programs to give their viewpoint in the interests of balance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:55 pm 
derwent wrote:
phil wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:57 pm 
derwent wrote:
If people would just stop and reflect that posting is about putting your own point of view forward whilst respecting the fact that others might have a different point of view then we wouldn't have a problem.
There is an element on here that don't accept that and no matter how they dress it up, they are spoiling the board.
If you can't accept that people are entitled to disagree without being subjected to consistent abuse, ridicule and a bombardment of scrutiny then you have to form your own forum where everybody agrees in harmony. Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:39 am 

The Fat Man wrote:
Here’s a plea. As I’ve said earlier, I’ve been isolating, for one reason or another, for longer than most (in the UK). It’s fucking hard. I’ve already noticed that Toulouse is hardly posting. I can guess why; taking caring of our mental health when the news is so scary is hard. Social media is a blessing and a curse; it allows us to keep in touch, but can also be hard to digest sometimes. So, please, everyone, have a quick think before you post. Can you make your point calmly? Can you be reasoned? Can you be measured? Do you need the insult? We’ll never all agree, but we can do it nicely. And before you say, ‘I’ve seen you not do those things you’re asking’, yes, you’re right. But these times are unprecedented. And I’m trying my best right now to do the right thing.

Well, this was a waste of time. :laugh: You after laugh.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:04 am 

derwent wrote:
The Fat Man wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:

That is correct with regards to banning but I've never said it about deleting as I wasn't aware of that facility until some of my posts were disappearing recently.

I expect this to be deleted, but I'll keep posing it until my account is deleted or I'm banned. You know full well that I lost my moderating powers after you complained that I was deleting your nephew's posts (posts that were abusive to other board members). You said at the time that posts should not be deleted. You've already deleted a whole host of posts that come nowhere near the level of abuse your nephew gave out. Practice what you preach.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:07 am 

derwent wrote:

That is correct with regards to banning but I've never said it about deleting as I wasn't aware of that facility until some of my posts were disappearing recently.

I've also got a PM from you dated 2012 when you complained about my deleting a post. Are you sure you didn't know moderators could delete posts until recently, or is 2012 recent?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 am 

I've always considered Frank....Derwent....a friend and I haven't jumped on any of the shite he's been posting since November but....

R.I.P. The Bunker....a sad and utterly pathetic way to end. sadx

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:54 am 
And now you see how the tories won the election. Hide everything that casts them in a bad light. Leave only the pro Johnson stuff and enough morons and idiots will buy it.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 am 

This thread indicates why this forum is an embarrassing laughing stock. Previously The Bunker was a place for decent chat, good views on music and there was intelligent posters who have all disappeared (Muttley has returned and will seemingly not come back again)

for me there are 3 reasons why this will be my last post:
Monkeybutt
Derwent
Mr I

there's no pleasure in anything any single one of them post. Completely vapid each and every single one of them and my time will be better spent elsewhere

Take care and look after each other because the government certainly won't

RIP The Bunker

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:36 am 

Watching from afar wrote:
And now you see how the tories won the election. Hide everything that casts them in a bad light. Leave only the pro Johnson stuff and enough morons and idiots will buy it.

And bully and abuse anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view , whilst accusing the people they are bullying and abusing of bullying and abuse sctatchinghead

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 am 

Who cut Boris’s hair? When he first emerged over the weekend he looked like an old English sheepdog Last night it was evident that someone had been using a knife and fork on it. Any suggestions as the only other person he has come in close contact with is their lass and she would have been far to busy feeding the bairn and the baby would have been on the other side.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:32 am 

The Fat Man wrote:
derwent wrote:

I've also got a PM from you dated 2012 when you complained about my deleting a post. Are you sure you didn't know moderators could delete posts until recently, or is 2012 recent?

I was sure but now I've checked you are right. I apologise for not remembering. Can you point me to your removal as a moderator and the part I am alleged to have played, cos i can't recall that either. I honestly thought you were a Mod still, which is why I directed criticism about your apparent lack of even handedness. Why didn't you tell me then that you couldn't moderate cos you'd been relieved of your duties at that point, or did you? I might have missed your reply.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:41 am 

RAY52 wrote:
Who cut Boris’s hair? When he first emerged over the weekend he looked like an old English sheepdog Last night it was evident that someone had been using a knife and fork on it. Any suggestions as the only other person he has come in close contact with is their lass and she would have been far to busy feeding the bairn and the baby would have been on the other side.

Must have been Cummings, he's keeping all the bits of hair to make himself a Boris the Bastard wig.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 am 

MutleyRules wrote:
I've always considered Frank....Derwent....a friend and I haven't jumped on any of the shite he's been posting since November but....

R.I.P. The Bunker....a sad and utterly pathetic way to end. sadx

Thanks for that Mutters and you are still a friend as far as I'm concerned but if you want to change that I respect your decision and we'll leave it at that.
There has been a lot of shite posted on this forum, not just since November and not just by me. It's been going on since the brexit result. It has got out of hand and I've tried to stop it. Read my recent thread entitled "Right then".
My posts are my view and I'm sure you would be the first to defend my right to have a view. However there is an element on this forum who think that their view is the only view and that they have the sole right to mock any views alternate to their own and get all worked up at any individual who gives the same shit back. I don't happen to agree with that scenario and have made it plain that people who won't be civil, won't be heard. Fair play to all. You obviously don't agree with that, which surprises me a little cos i've always seen you as reasonable and fair minded.
However, once again, I respect your decision.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 am 

derwent wrote:
The Fat Man wrote:
derwent wrote:

I was sure but now I've checked you are right. I apologise for not remembering. Can you point me to your removal as a moderator and the part I am alleged to have played, cos i can't recall that either. I honestly thought you were a Mod still, which is why I directed criticism about your apparent lack of even handedness. Why didn't you tell me then that you couldn't moderate cos you'd been relieved of your duties at that point, or did you? I might have missed your reply.

He sent you an e-mail about it. You probably missed it, there's a lot of that going around.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 am 

Only a couple of people are trying shut down people’s views and you are one of them.

If you believe what you have just posted you are a deluded individual.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:55 am 

phil wrote:
The fact racists, homophobes and MonkeyButts think that they should be allowed to post without criticism, ridicule or scrutiny when they are openly advocating the deaths of thousands is surreal.

Where did I advocate the death of thousands?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:01 am 

jish wrote:
This thread indicates why this forum is an embarrassing laughing stock. Previously The Bunker was a place for decent chat, good views on music and there was intelligent posters who have all disappeared (Muttley has returned and will seemingly not come back again)

for me there are 3 reasons why this will be my last post:
Monkeybutt
Derwent
Mr I

there's no pleasure in anything any single one of them post. Completely vapid each and every single one of them and my time will be better spent elsewhere

Take care and look after each other because the government certainly won't

RIP The Bunker

You love the drama going by your 13 year membership and 1500 posts, whatever happened to just shutting the door on your way out?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:17 am 

PJPoolie wrote:
Only a couple of people are trying shut down people’s views and you are one of them.

If you believe what you have just posted you are a deluded individual.

not bothered about what others views on any topic are. its ones who are trying to wind up others or putting views out there they do not actually believe but want to be seen as the same as the majority that bother me. if anyone has a view and can back it up with facts then bring it on. if you do not agree then just put your view on without slagging the other person. the other person actually might be sat next to you once football crowds are back again. imagine there are plenty who post have no idea who fellow posters actually are.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am 

For weeks people have invited those defending the government to offer some substance, evidence and context to that view.

The silence is deafening yet we are being patronised by a deluded man who has caused more conflict than anyone on this board especially in recent months. You couldn’t actually make this up.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:32 am 

PJPoolie wrote:
For weeks people have invited those defending the government to offer some substance, evidence and context to that view.

The silence is deafening yet we are being patronised by a deluded man who has caused more conflict than anyone on this board especially in recent months. You couldn’t actually make this up.

This is the crux of the matter for me. Those defending the government never bother to actually respond with any evidence or substance as you say. And simply ignore posts from posters who have gone into detail.

Then every now and then they pop up, declare Boris Johnson is Winston Churchill reincarnate, claim that this government is doing fantastically well (despite the clear contrary evidence) and shout something about those bullying lefties. It'd be funny if it wasn't so Orwellian.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:33 am 

95% of the abuse as it’s being termed has been from that side, it is pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:59 am 

PJPoolie wrote:

Yes you can make it up, you just have.
You get all excited about people having to defend their opinion. It isn't a pre requisite of having an opinion that you have to be able to justify it. I genuinely think that the government are doing a decent job under very difficult circumstances but I am not obliged to discuss it with anybody unless I so choose, especially if it is going to cause a slanging match. I may be right on their overall performance or I may be wrong. There will be most definitely be some things they could have done better but we will have to wait for the inevitable inquest and that inquest will be a worldwide affair and with hindsight or not depending on how much people are desperate to nail them for something. I'm not technically gifted enough to engage in the finer points. I let the team saddled with the job get on with it. I think Hartlepool United is the greatest football club in the World, that's an indication of my judgement and sanity. :laugh:
Calling me deluded etc doesn't really help either and there is no need for it.
It's got to stop, PJ and stop it will.
Won't be civil = won't be heard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next