Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:22 pm 

no6bus wrote:
yloop wrote:
I see the doctor who pleaded with Boris to get more PPE at any cost has died of Coronavirus.

I know a community nurse who has had to get the union involved to get them some PPE. Yet ministers get 10k grant each to work form home.

Tories eh.

Thought the £10K was fake news

Nope... 100% true.

Now is not the time to discuss a nurses pay rise they say.

But it is the time for MPs to get more money to work from fuckin home.

They have also relaxed the rules on proving what they’ve purchased.

Couldn’t make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm 
A grudge you say? I say that nurses were queueing up for PPE today at north tees with some in tears that they wouldnt be getting any.

But the government telling us everyone has PPE now.

And today inhad a request to help another trust with massive quants of PPE required.

Yet the government..........

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:12 pm 

I have just been talking to my Mam who works for the NHS one of the few still based at our hospital, cranes turned up today and dropped in mortuary containers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 pm 

Just keep doing your bit folks. Staying strong, looking out for those who are vulnerable and keeping as safe as you can. Im hearing good things about the behaviour of the people in my home town and it makes me proud.

The day will come when talk of politics will become relevant again and people will debate with each other more strongly then ever, fuelled by their love of this country and the welfare of its people. Until then unity is more important.

Even more importantly, football will be back on the menu. The great leveller when it comes to Hartlepool United fans, all as equally joyless and impoverished as each other.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:42 pm 

Left wing propaganda induced by momentum. In the real world Boris and his magnificent team of Scientists, top medics and the NHS are doing a magnificent job. Probably the best team in British history.
Meanwhile the hard left Corbynistas whinge and scrape looking for solace in their fake news, grasping at articles that suit them, and at at the same time hammering the so called gutter press ( which they quote when it suits them), whilst they continuously snipe at a man who has risked his life to stay at the helm.
He's hiding they say.
And all because they couldn't stomach losing an election which was caused by their stupid support for the communist known as Corbyn.
Should they actually be allowed to vote is the real question.
In Hartlepool their behaviour is usually described as thick as shit.
Never mind lads, Yubep will support you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:20 pm 

Location: The people's democratic illegal republic of Catalonia
Sorry Derwent but the only life Johnson has risked is everybody's.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:26 pm 

Yes some people are always going to be selfish arseholes.

But busy flights landed at Heathrow yet again today as they throughout from places like New York (where they are currently temporarily burying people in parks) the people are getting off without even them having their temperature checked then dispersing into the UK wherever they want to do and however they want to get there.

Utter fucking negligent madness.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm 

Montpoolier wrote:

If anybody needed any proof of how crazed the hard left are then here you have it.
The whole coronavirus disease is the fault of one man. It is a world pandemic but the hard left put it down to one man. Boris Johnson travelled to Wuhan, created the disease and then spread it round the world. Their hatred of a fellow Englishman has no bounds, no limits and no mercy.
But that is classic communism. No country, no flag, just an ideal of world control.
Sorry Monty but the British people say no thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 pm 

Valiant wrote:
Ah Billy Liar is back. The guy who claims to be a Labour Party member don't forget but is actually a fully paid up member of the Boris Johnson Fan Club.
So the NHS staff are all part of Johnson's Team now are they ? The same Boris Johnson who voted against giving them a one per cent pay rise in 2017 and then sheered to the rafters when the vote to give them it was lost.
Risked his life you say ? This the man who was boasting the other week about shaking the hand of everyone in a hospital with corona virus patients ? Great stuff. Keep it up old boy.

Ok smart arse, let's have a wager on whether I'm a card carrying member of the Labour party or not.

I can prove I'm a card carrying member of the Labour party, you appear to doubt it.
I'm prepared To wager money on it
If I'm a member of the Labour Party I win. If I'm not you win.

Come on Mr Fucking gobshite, put your money where your mouth is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:59 pm 

PJPoolie wrote:

But busy flights landed at Heathrow yet again today as they throughout from places like New York (where they are currently temporarily burying people in parks) the people are getting off without even them having their temperature checked then dispersing into the UK wherever they want to do and however they want to get there.

So when you took this up with the authorities what was their response? Surely a man with all the answers like you is in constant contact with the relevant authorities.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 pm 

Goodnight boys, sleep tight and keep safe.
Check with your momentum masters on what your latest response should be and we'll resume tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:56 am 
derwent wrote:
Montpoolier wrote:

If anybody needed any proof of how crazed the hard left are then here you have it.
The whole coronavirus disease is the fault of one man. It is a world pandemic but the hard left put it down to one man. Boris Johnson travelled to Wuhan, created the disease and then spread it round the world. Their hatred of a fellow Englishman has no bounds, no limits and no mercy.
But that is classic communism. No country, no flag, just an ideal of world control.

Speak for yourself pal, Monty is correct, Johnson is a fucking chancer who got lucky with daft, racist old c.un.ts like you

His stupidity has almost got himself killed and his dim witted slow response to this, along with clueless fucking opportunists like Matt Hancock and that fucking dumb as a spoon Raab has and still is costing people’s lives, but yeah, you carry on with your Vera Lynn, fight em on the beaches dog shite mate, that’ll teach the pesky ‘Chinese flu’, won’t it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:37 am 

TalbotAvenger wrote:
derwent wrote:
Montpoolier wrote:

Speak for yourself pal, Monty is correct, Johnson is a fucking chancer who got lucky with daft, racist old c.un.ts like you

His stupidity has almost got himself killed and his dim witted slow response to this, along with clueless fucking opportunists like Matt Hancock and that fucking dumb as a spoon Raab has and still is costing people’s lives, but yeah, you carry on with your Vera Lynn, fight em on the beaches dog shite mate, that’ll teach the pesky ‘Chinese flu’, won’t it!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said, if this outbreak has done anything it has reinforced what a shambolic excuse for a government we've got, "led" by an utter tool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:31 am 

But what did the relevant authorities say?
:flags-wavegreatbritain: :chores-mowlawn:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:34 am 

derwent wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:

So when you took this up with the authorities what was their response? Surely a man with all the answers like you is in constant contact with the relevant authorities.

What does that even mean? What is the point in that post?

I just care about my family and friends being safe quite a lot. You are a very sad man clearly and only should be given a little bit of leeway because you are displaying that you very obviously aren’t of the full shilling but enough is enough. Why are you going on about momentum? What has that got to do the governments handling of this situation? The daily death rate is horrific and is getting worse yet the UK’s measures are lesser than countries barely effected in comparison. The UK will be the worst hit place in Europe by the end of this.

Please don’t bother replying to this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:29 am 

Some people need to get over the fact that it isnt Jeremy bloody Corbyn behind that lectern every day. We are not living in the nirvana that he would have brought. If you're really that fanatic and the tories cant do anything right in your eyes then whats the point of commenting? Fanaticism is a long way from rational thought.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 am 

Can I not see parts of this thread that others can?

Who has even mentioned Jeremy fucking Corbyn?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:39 am 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail ... s-day.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 am 

Nobody needed to. He's the elephant.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:42 am 

Pooly_Imp wrote:
Nobody needed to. He's the elephant.

You’re a fucking fruit loop.

The huge irony is the people saying people are clouding their views because of political allegiance are the ones refusing to talk about what is actually happen due to their political allegiance.

You couldn’t make this shit up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:54 am 

What is actually happening? Or the selected stats, artickes and expert opinions that support a politically motivated picture of what is happening?

You've never heard of the elephant in the room? I would explain it but I'm not really supposed to mention it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:12 am 

Selected stats?

You mean like number of deaths which is predicted to hit nearly 3,000 a day in the UK in the next two weeks?

Yes I know what Elephant in the room means I am not an idiot. During the election campaign when clear failings of the government were pointed out the Tories and gutter press said ‘oh but what about Jeremy Corbyn’. People are pointing out failings now that are costing lives every day and you are still saying ‘what about Jeremy Corbyn’. He isn’t even Labour Party leader anymore it is insane. I am not a supporter or ever was of a Corbyn he was a disaster. Can we talk about relevant people in this crisis and stop to trying to distract and deflect? It has NOTHING to do with politics I want the government or whoever is charge to put the preservation of human life first.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:28 am 

We love blaming our own. Yet hardly anybody mentions the chinese, they are the ones at fault for this disease, they are the ones responsible for 800 deaths a day in Britain and 1400 a day in france. They are the ones covering up the true scale of deaths in china. It's not Boris Johnston's fault or Jeremy Corbyn's fault, the politicians are probobly doing the best they can in a total shitstorm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am 

Stop it with the realism. How dare you suggest that this is not entirely the fault of Boris ‘the devil’ Johnson. The lunatic lefties about will bombard you with their idiotic nonsense if you’re not careful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 am 

It’s not about blaming anyone it’s about limiting the impact of the virus and limiting the loss of life.

Pointing the finger at the Chinese isn’t going to save lives now.

The inquests will come after.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:57 am 

I see a lot of blame laid at the door of boris johnson though. A man that's been put in this position because of another country who are willing to take deadly risks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:02 am 

billinghampoolie1908 wrote:
I see a lot of blame laid at the door of boris johnson though. A man that's been put in this position because of another country who are willing to take deadly risks.

Clear failings have been made, herd immunity being the most catastrophic. That was a deadly a risk as possibly could have been taken.

Nearly all countries are still more stringently locked down than the UK and we are going to be one the worst effected in terms of deaths.

Nobody is blaming Johnson for the virus they are questioning the governments response to it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 am 

Blaming other people for their own failings is a classic Tory trope. It's just pure denial and a failure to actually look at this situation objectively. Which is what I will try to do now.

Ultimately, the government has acted too slow on this crisis. We had a head start on everyone in Europe yet our response was simply to do nothing for too long. Herd immunity appears to have been the motivating factor behind this (probably Cummings' idea if reports are to believed) and if it wasn't this this it's just pure negligence. Either way this decision cost us weeks which in a pandemic response means thousands of lives given the way exponential growth works.

I happen to think the government's response hasn't been totally useless. Since the penny finally dropped I think a number of things have been done relatively well. Such as the economic response to this (granted they had little choice to do much else) and the creation of new temporary hospitals. PPE appears to be a disaster so far and this has come from a direct result of failing to plan, yet it appears they are trying their hardest to catch up. Whilst I personally like the social distancing measures we have taken here in the UK, that only comes from a comfort point of view and not a practical or scientific one. Trusting people to adhere by the new rules is noble but naive, there are still too many people flouting these rules and again it will cost lives.

If the statistical models are to be believed then the horrific death tally at the end of this can be majorly attributed to lack of planning and a slow response by this government which to me is indefensible. Although I'd be curious to see people try and justify it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:05 am 

Our resident expert doesn't understand what is going on.
The hard left is agitated by a few hard truths.
Extreme name calling by Mr Talbot is being ignored by our owner of the moral high ground, namely Mr Yubep.
Boris bashing is being carried out simply for political point scoring. He is the leader of the excellent team of millions of Britons dedicated to beat this and all the hard left on here want to do is beat him up.
You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Your shame and guilt is behind your reaction, not me stirring up the hornet's nest. You have been exposed for what you are.......a bigoted, biased bunch of hard left nondescripts hell bent on degrading and destroying all the team effort and goodwill that the Government, the NHS, the medical experts, the scientists, the public services, THE VOLUNTEERS and many, many more. You have even had a go at the hand clappers.
What a bunch of despicable, nasty losers you are portraying yourselves as.
You keep having a go at the people trying to do their best and it is as if you actually WANT the government to fail. Is that what you really want ??? IS IT???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:11 am 

Valiant wrote:
Ah Billy Liar is back. The guy who claims to be a Labour Party member don't forget but is actually a fully paid up member of the Boris Johnson Fan Club.
So the NHS staff are all part of Johnson's Team now are they ? The same Boris Johnson who voted against giving them a one per cent pay rise in 2017 and then sheered to the rafters when the vote to give them it was lost.
Risked his life you say ? This the man who was boasting the other week about shaking the hand of everyone in a hospital with corona virus patients ? Great stuff. Keep it up old boy.

Bang on. The blokes a f....ing idiot. After and during his hand shakeathon how many other NHS staff did he infect and is now Possibly, no probably responsible for the deaths of doctors and nurses alike, apart from other palms he’s been greasing. He’s now being labelled ‘brave Boris” etc. Should have stayed in the fridge and kept everyone safe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:12 am 

60 million crammed on a little island no matter what happens we are and were always going to be one of the worst affected, even last night a video on fb of nurses, clapping each other stood basically on top of each other, nurses of all people. Let's see how we do compared to the rest of europe, on how well we have coped, when we do reach the end.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 am 

We were inevitably going to be affected badly by this pandemic, no denying that.

But as I said earlier, we had a major advantage other over countries in Europe because we had something they didn't which is time. Time is the most important commodity in a pandemic response, not money because economic rules go out the window as we can see. Time which we wasted and allowed football matches and 250,000 people to go to Cheltenham while other countries were actually responding to this and locking down. In retrospect the fact we weren't locked down too looks absolutely farcical.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:29 am 

PJPoolie wrote:
It’s not about blaming anyone it’s about limiting the impact of the virus and limiting the loss of life.

Pointing the finger at the Chinese isn’t going to save lives now.

The inquests will come after.

So why do you keep pointing the finger at Johnson over herding, Is that going to save lives now. He took the wrong advice but very quickly changed it, to his credit. As soon as it was pointed out to him what the possible consequences were he ditched it. To me that sounds like a bloke who is listening.

Why do you keep harping on about Heathrow. The foreign Office is trying to get thousands of people home. Would you leave them stranded??? It's a good job you weren't in charge of the evacuation of Dunkirk.

You have an agenda against Johnson, a blind man can see that. It's because you don't like him and you intend to keep that going, alongside others. And I intend to keep reminding you all of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:39 am 

Dunkirk and a highly infectious deadly virus.

They are two very comparable things.

If you aren’t repatriated by now you need to stay where you are, letting people fly with no social distancing then enter the UK without being quarantined or even checked is utter madness and against what most of the rest of the World is doing. Nobody has entered the country I’m in for over three weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:18 am 

derwent wrote:
Montpoolier wrote:

FYI information Derwent I am not even a socialist, never mind hard left. The only time I ever voted Labour was when I was brand new at the voting game. The last chance I had of voting, which was in 2010, I voted Lib Dem.
I don't hate Boris; I just think he's a clown. He hasn't done anything remarkable in this mess that merits praise.
"I'm going to close the pubs in a few hours but don't all go rushing for a last drink, right?" is being a clown and putting everyone's lives at risk.
But I admit he has softened a little bit. The old Boris would have sent water cannons out to clear the streets.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:25 am 

Speaking of water cannons I was reminded of a story then, he can’t even use his water cannons they had to sell them for scrap because he bought it without checking if it could be used. Yet people are suggesting that thinking this bloke is unfit to be our Prime Minister is ‘political bias.’ Its just judging an individual on face value. Anyway here it is Boris Johnson in a nutshell;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... 00000-loss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:41 am 

Valiant wrote:
So anyone who even remotely criticises the Government is a Corbynite Momentum fanatic ? Can you not see how flawed an argument that is, not least because the only people mentioning Corbyn are the three resident Tories.
Its not a fight, its not a battle, its not a war. We need to get away from these front page headlines about Johnson being a fighter who will win his battle with Covid 19. For a start its incredibly disrespectful towards those who have died, by implying they didn't survive because they were not strong enough or didn't fight hard enough.
Our health service is chronically underfunded. For the last decade it has been run down along with other public services while billions have been given away to the already very wealthy.
Right across the land ordinary people, the bus drivers, train drivers, bin men, soldiers, police officers, prison officers, probation officers, cleaners, check out staff, stack fillers, lorry drivers, doctors, nurses, health assistants, care workers, etc, are keeping the country running. Most of them criminally low paid.
The hedge fund managers, footballers, television celebrities, bankers, property developers are all tucked away in their mansions riding it out.
Whatever your opinion on Johnson and Corbyn and everything in between, if you cannot see there is a very serious problem with a society where the key workers, many of them immigrants, who actually give something back to it, are the lowest paid and the least valued, then you have to be blind.
When all this is over the country will be in serious debt, and we need to ensure that this time the burden of paying that debt back is evenly spread, and some of these global companies that make billions start paying their fair share of tax.
If all that makes me a Communist in the eyes of some on here then I can live with that.

And anybody giving Boris and his government any credit is accused of being a member of Boris's fan club and a Tory. So you stand accused of what you are accusing others of and that is assumption. Even when I tell you I am a card carrying member of the Labour Party and offered to put some money in your pocket if I wasn't, you ignored the offer.
So as you are wrong on such a basic, provable issue, and seem to be an avid follower of your own assumptions, would it be safe to assume that the rest of your diatribe isn't worth reading.
As I don't think like that way I did read the rest.
I too want a better deal for key workers and have never said anything to the contrary.
From 1983 to 1985 I drove a one man operated stage carriage bus for East Midlands round the Worksop area, so I know all about low pay and long hours. That is also provable if you want to lose some more money.
I have never supported Hedge fund managers, footballer's high wages or TV gadgies etc and have never operated in any of those categories. In fact I cancelled my SKY subscription about five years ago as a personal protest against the money splashing about in the premiership, deciding that, small though my subscription was in the great scheme of things, it was stopping. That also can be checked. In fact I'm almost sure I announced that on here. If you go back further to the Cameron/Osborne era you will see that my opposition to those two and their policies was significant. Mr I will testify to my total dislike of his heroine, Margaret Thatcher. The more you dig the more wrong you will realise you are. It's all there. I have recently voted in the Labour Party leadership elections and members of the Boris fan club and/or Tories are not allowed to take part. My burning ambition is to make the Labour Party electable again, which is why I was dead against Corbyn et al because I believe they were holding us back.
I too share the thoughts that there has to be more fairness when this is all over but that has always been my view.

Last edited by derwent on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:11 pm 

Valiant wrote:
derwent you are the only person on this forum that has ever directed foul and abusive language towards me. Regrettably on several occasions.
You frequently direct the same foul abuse at others.
You have used racist language on here and regularly respond to anyone who disagrees with you by suggesting " you leave my country " which is very unsavoury and extreme language to be using.
You are the only person I have seen on here wish someone dead from this virus.
Anyone who disagrees with your very narrow view of the world you brand an extremist of Communist with no supporting evidence.
Almost every post is about you and what you want or what you think with no room allowed for another persons perspective
You then berate a Moderator for not banning someone that you believe has abused you ?
Its narcissism at best old boy, you really should think about seeing a therapist or having some sort of counselling. It's never too late to consider these things.

Show me all these posts where I have said the words "you leave my country" I believe I said it once but when you do show it, also show the full text of the post.

I never said to anybody the words " I wish you dead from this virus" I said "I will pull the trigger" I later said I wouldn't but you conveniently omitted that.
If you read all of that thread you will see that I was answering the adamant demand that the NHS should walk out. How many people would have died as a result of that. Interesting you didn't pick up on that.

And anyone who disagrees with you, you call a liar, a member of Boris's fan club and a Tory without any evidence. I have offered proof and even offered a profit for you if you are right. Another person called me a daft old racist c***t. Is that abusive enough for you.

Most people who post are putting their own point of view or questioning another person's point of view. That's the whole idea is it not.

I have never on this forum asked for any individual to be banned....never. Not even a Loid. I don't believe in it.

I have singled out some your deliberate lies, embellishments and mis quotes and you say I need help. Get a bit closer to home with your advice.

I have noticed some similarities between your posts and another poster. You're not one of the hidey hidey multi identity brigade are you now. Nah Of course not but you have alerted me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:24 pm 

Montpoolier wrote:
derwent wrote:
Montpoolier wrote:

FYI information Derwent I am not even a socialist, never mind hard left. The only time I ever voted Labour was when I was brand new at the voting game. The last chance I had of voting, which was in 2010, I voted Lib Dem.
I don't hate Boris; I just think he's a clown. He hasn't done anything remarkable in this mess that merits praise.
"I'm going to close the pubs in a few hours but don't all go rushing for a last drink, right?" is being a clown and putting everyone's lives at risk.
But I admit he has softened a little bit. The old Boris would have sent water cannons out to clear the streets.

And I'm not a member of Boris's fan club, or a Tory or a daft old racist c**t or any of the other things that I get called just to embellish an opinion.
I have got to say you had me fooled. I have always thought you write very socialist but if you say you're not then I accept that.
You know what they say..........when they start calling you names it's because they haven't a sensible alternative to the point you're making.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:09 pm 

Valiant wrote:
Because at the end of the day it is all about you isn't it ?

No not at all. It's about team work and togetherness and helping each other and everybody doing their bit.

It's not about the opinion of the whingeing, anti Boris, anti government brigade who are hell bent on criticising the government from every angle, with absolutely minute or no praise for the work being done, which shows you up like a rabbit in headlights. Recognise yourself.

Your behaviour of latching on to every little scrap you can to blast the government, whilst at the same time fully ignoring the job they are trying to do and the good work they have done so far proves beyond any reasonable doubt that you want them to fail and grasp on to anything to fulfil that notion.

I hope you realise if the team fail, we all fail and more people will die.

There are people deliberately flaunting government advice in this country and risking lives unnecessarily but not a peep about that from any of you. You would much rather focus on Boris's handshaking whilst thousands are doing just as bad or worse. It's a bit like having a go about one guy going to pull the trigger on another guy, notwithstanding the fact that the other guy wants to kill thousands.

Very clever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:34 pm 

I think "flaunting government advice" nicely sums people's problems with the govt's handling.
Enforce the damned quarantine for chrissake. A thirty quid fine is laughable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:40 pm 

But then the mps wont be able to travel to their second homes...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:23 pm 

Valiant wrote:
So anyone who even remotely criticises the Government is a Corbynite Momentum fanatic ? Can you not see how flawed an argument that is, not least because the only people mentioning Corbyn are the three resident Tories.
Its not a fight, its not a battle, its not a war. We need to get away from these front page headlines about Johnson being a fighter who will win his battle with Covid 19. For a start its incredibly disrespectful towards those who have died, by implying they didn't survive because they were not strong enough or didn't fight hard enough.
Our health service is chronically underfunded. For the last decade it has been run down along with other public services while billions have been given away to the already very wealthy.
Right across the land ordinary people, the bus drivers, train drivers, bin men, soldiers, police officers, prison officers, probation officers, cleaners, check out staff, stack fillers, lorry drivers, doctors, nurses, health assistants, care workers, etc, are keeping the country running. Most of them criminally low paid.
The hedge fund managers, footballers, television celebrities, bankers, property developers are all tucked away in their mansions riding it out.
Whatever your opinion on Johnson and Corbyn and everything in between, if you cannot see there is a very serious problem with a society where the key workers, many of them immigrants, who actually give something back to it, are the lowest paid and the least valued, then you have to be blind.
When all this is over the country will be in serious debt, and we need to ensure that this time the burden of paying that debt back is evenly spread, and some of these global companies that make billions start paying their fair share of tax.
If all that makes me a Communist in the eyes of some on here then I can live with that.

Very good post :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:31 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6_MfQ9FloE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:46 pm 
Infidel wrote:

I agree.

And for the record I have an eyesight view of what happened at north tees the other day with staff in tears queuing for PPE that wasnt there.

Matt hancock should be locked up for this alone. He wears his nhs badge with pride. It's one of the most sickening sights imaginable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:13 pm 

Watching from afar wrote:
Infidel wrote:

I agree.

And for the record I have an eyesight view of what happened at north tees the other day with staff in tears queuing for PPE that wasnt there.

Matt hancock should be locked up for this alone. He wears his nhs badge with pride. It's one of the most sickening sights imaginable.

Are you aware the PPE shortage is world wide? Even the much vaunted EU procurement scheme is failing in its task and we could well be supplying them with ventilators made here before they have any ready themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:19 pm 

Ventilators are for patients. HTH.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:22 pm 
I wasnt aware this was world wide. Thanks for that. Not sure what that has to do with chronic shortages of PPE here when nurses are being threatened with their jobs if they refuse to work. And that's a fact by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:24 pm 
And this is more important to point out as the lying toads in charge keep telling us they have delivered millions of pounds of PPE recently. That's an out and out lie.

And anyone clapping the NHS whilst supporting this government is hypocritical beyond belief.

Last edited by Watching from afar on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:33 pm 

Lesson 1, PPE never rely on some 3rd country to produce a product for you what is so essential not because its cheaper.

The law is very clear if you work in a hazardous area you have to have the ppe required, if you havent you dont do the work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next