Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:32 pm 

Is anybody else listening to this copper on today's Coronavirus press conference? What a waffling load of Shite.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:21 pm 
Priti Patel there on todays briefing, ‘Sorry but not Sorry’ on PPE shortages and Matt Hancock ‘Nurses probs didn’t get Covid from the hospitals so fuck ‘em’

Why are they majority of the press pack not asking any kind of searching questions, it’s as if, oooh, I don’t know, they are best buddies with the cabinet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 pm 

Watching from afar wrote:
I wonder if in 100 years time as part of history classes children will be taught about Jeremy Corbyn the evil man that caused coronavirus.

They'll also tell you Tony Blair was responsible for 9/11 and global warming.

Also, why the fuck are we still letting flights in?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:37 pm 

The only person I have been impressed with in these nightly news conferences is Rishi Sunak. Maybe you warm to someone when they are dishing out loads of cash for people who need it but he looks far more suited to high level government than the likes of Raab and Hancock who just look like rabbits in the headlights. Hancock just gets worse by the day. It’s understandable for somebody to be out their depth in situation like this as it’s a nightmare and the vast majority would be when thrown into the deepest of ends but surely we would be better forgetting about the selected cabinet and what political allegiance that have right now and be putting forward the very best people?

Whatever you think of him as an example I reckon someone like Alistair Campbell could really help the government right now, especially with this nightly news conference.I know the Prime Minister already has invited the other party’s to the Cobra meetings which is a good idea I would say but surely you have plenty of people from the past with experience who aren’t even directly involved in politics anymore who could help?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:06 pm 

Sunak does look the best of a bad bunch . A man of Indian origin leading the tories , son of an Indian billionaire , a former hedge fund manager , who used to work for Goldman Sachs, do I like the sound of that .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:25 pm 

The nightly news briefings are actually becoming pointless as they have the same political journalists asking the same questions and the government are failing to answer them in a satisfactory manner. At the start they held an important message I am not sure what they are achieving now unless you open the floor to questions from the public, medical and pandemic experts. It’s just turned into daily lip service.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:47 pm 

MadJohn wrote:
OK, I've now seen Patel's response to Inigo Gilmore on whether she feels an apology is due to the NHS workers who are not being given the necessary PPE: "I am sorry... if people feel there have been failings". She just can't bring herself to apologise to all those utterly essential "low-skilled workers". She should go back to smirking from home, or whatever it is she's been doing lately.

Why doesn’t anyone ask when they are going to publish the findings from the 2016 pandemic drill, Cygnus?
Why didn’t they act on the findings? Because they thought they could bluff it as they didn’t think it could happen!!! Continue to cut NHS to the bone is the truth of it!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:51 pm 

An exert from tonight’s masterclass from Priti Patel “Three hundred thousand and thirty four, nine hundred and seventy four thousand tests carried out.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:08 pm 

Even I know there's too many numbers there and I'm shit at Maths. confised :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:17 pm 
MadJohn wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
An exert from tonight’s masterclass from Priti Patel “Three hundred thousand and thirty four, nine hundred and seventy four thousand tests carried out.”

Yep. Can you imagine her former shadow getting away with that? Or with Patel's vow to fight counter-terrorism? It was just a slip, a slight cock-up, but some politicians are given a free pass on such things while others are crucified.

Count along with Priti

https://twitter.com/otto_english/status ... 56608?s=21

Fucking state of it

I’m waiting for Pooly Imp and Durwent to defend this

Last edited by TalbotAvenger on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:19 pm 
BUT DIANE ABBOTT....

Just waiting for it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 pm 
Anyway, who said Priti Patel's name in the mirror three times? We need to have words...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:27 pm 

I’ve written Priti Patel’s number out to make it more understandable: 300,000,34,900,74,000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:29 pm 

Location: The people's democratic illegal republic of Catalonia
MadJohn wrote:
Or with Patel's vow to fight counter-terrorism?

Straight up she said that? Was it to stop preventing unnecessary deaths?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:32 pm 

PJPoolie wrote:
I’ve written Priti Patel’s number out to make it more understandable: 300,000,34,900,74,000

What's worse is she was reading from a script. It was in front of her, and she still couldn't get it right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:33 pm 

Montpoolier wrote:
MadJohn wrote:
Or with Patel's vow to fight counter-terrorism?

Straight up she said that? Was it to stop preventing unnecessary deaths?

Here you go, a comic take on it:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:37 pm 

By the way, Monty, the 'Room Next Door' series is a spoof (obviously) of a guy who is supposed to be advising politicians, in real time, of how to answer questions in interview. It's genius.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:40 pm 

Jeeeeeeezus. I'm lost for words.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:41 pm 

Montpoolier wrote:
Jeeeeeeezus. I'm lost for words.

It's a shame she wasn't.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:43 pm 

I'd like to hear her take on safety prevention and road casualty reinforcement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 pm 

This is a decent line from a recent LRB article on the current situation:

"Both the constructive disagreement intrinsic to science and the adversarial scrutiny necessary to politics disappear in the invocation of science as the ultimate authority – this trick will become familiar in the coming months."

Something worth remembering, especially the first clause, when we're told that, 'we're following the science'.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:45 pm 

Montpoolier wrote:
I'd like to hear her take on safety prevention and road casualty reinforcement.

I'd like to never hear her voice again. Difficult, given the field I work in.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:23 pm 
She is one thick nasty piece of work. She makes me want to start liking Hancock.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:47 am 
So derwent can tell us its all momentums fault and we should just get behind brave boris because it would be so much worse with Corbyn.

Just stealing his thunder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:20 am 

boris is flash gordon. corbyn ming the merciless.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:24 am 

Just keep patting each other's tory bashing backs. This is how we ended up with them in power again and will do for a long time. How about:-

Removing the labour tinted glasses so you dont make labour supporters sound like politically polarised fanatics and more like rational thinkers.

Thinking about the way you talk to Labour doubters. They're the people you need to win over.

Just a thought. The old tactics proved a disaster. I didn't vote conservative but here we stuck with em.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:33 am 

Pooly_Imp wrote:
Just keep patting each other's tory bashing backs. This is how we ended up with them in power again and will do for a long time. How about:-

Removing the labour tinted glasses so you dont make labour supporters sound like politically polarised fanatics and more like rational thinkers.

Thinking about the way you talk to Labour doubters. They're the people you need to win over.

Just a thought. The old tactics proved a disaster. I didn't vote conservative but here we stuck with em.

It’s like you’ve had a blow to the head that prevents you from discussing the current situation, you know the reason we are all stuck at home and lots of people are dying?

It’s almost as if you want to change the subject to deflect away from the serious issues being raised. Congratulations on a first though you got through an entire post without mentioning Corbyn which must have been extremely difficult for you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:58 am 

Professor Sir Jeremy Farrar, a pandemic expert and government advisory has just admitted on Marr that the UK is likely to be the worst effected country in Europe because it didn't react quickly enough to the threat of coronavirus.

I wonder if he's enough of an expert for those with heads in the sand ignoring what is happening and the gravity of it due to political loyalty and face saving? I won't hold my breath hopefully they just slope off into the distance.

It's absolute negligence that has costs thousands of lives, people who if our decision makers reacted as they should have didn't need to die.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:08 am 

PJPoolie wrote:

Taken from Diane Abbott's twitter feed PJ?

Anyone questioning Diane Abbott's grasp of basic maths was labelled a racist, remember PJ? sctatchinghead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:10 am 

A week is a long time in politics (Harold Wilson).

In a pandemic you don't get a week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:30 am 

World wide figures to date.

Cases = 1,797,229
Deaths = 109,288
Recovered = 406,118

Death rates per 1/m of population

Spain = 355
Italy = 322
Belguim = 311
France = 212
Holland =154
Uk = 145

Only 2 countries with higher death rates as a per population around the world are San marino/Andorra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:41 pm 

Looks like I have been missed. We now have people quoting me before I have written it down.
They're actually trying to draw me into comment.
There isn't a lot of point really because due to their incessant Boris bashing and absolute refusal to give any credit to anybody who stands on the centre podium, it has become quite obvious that their low level of intelligence doesn't allow them to grasp my highly intellectual contribution.
I'm aiming too high it seems or so my neighbour has told me, inciting the general belief that pork cannot be educated.
The truth of the matter is, once again, the hard left is shooting itself in the foot and, at the same time, wallowing in self denial.
Don't forget it is all about me. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:43 pm 
derwent wrote:
Looks like I have been missed. We now have people quoting me before I have written it down.
There isn't a lot of point really because due to their incessant Boris bashing and absolute refusal to give any credit to anybody who stands on the centre podium, it has become quite obvious that their low level of intelligence doesn't allow them to grasp my highly intellectual contribution.
I'm aiming too high it seems or so my neighbour has told me, inciting the general belief that pork cannot be educated.
The truth of the matter is, once again, the hard left is shooting itself in the foot and, at the same time, wallowing in self denial.

viewtopic.php?p=876563#p876563

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:46 pm 
derwent wrote:

Not one of them deserves credit, you halfwit, they’ve lied continually, and now they are blaming the NHS and the experts who’s advice they refused to follow

What exactly has anyone from the ‘hard left’ said that is factually incorrect about the lack of support for NHS and other staff still supporting the nation during this crisis?

Btw, the hard left are on the fringes now, Keir Starmer is in charge and is as far removed from the hard left as New Labour were

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:54 pm 
derwent wrote:

Did you watch yesterday’s shite show of a press conference? Can you defend that piss poor performance?

How about this?
Health Secretary, Matt Hancock: "We have more people than Italy, that's why we have more deaths.”
Germany has more people than the UK, yet it has 8,000 fewer deaths.

I think the majority people have praised the actions of the chancellor, but does any of the above warrant ‘praise’

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:55 pm 

poolie wrote:

Cases = 1,797,229
Deaths = 109,288
Recovered = 406,118

Spain = 355
Italy = 322
Belguim = 311
France = 212
Holland =154
Uk = 145

Only 2 countries with higher death rates as a per population around the world are San marino/Andorra

Stop it and I mean now. You will make the experts on here really angry. They only want news that justifies their government bashing.
I would love to report that a certain hospital near where I live discharged two patients yesterday as cured and didn't have any admissions to take their place but that'll be fake news so I won't say a word.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:02 pm 

TalbotAvenger wrote:
derwent wrote:

Not one of them deserves credit, you halfwit, they’ve lied continually, and now they are blaming the NHS and the experts who’s advice they refused to follow

What exactly has anyone from the ‘hard left’ said that is factually incorrect about the lack of support for NHS and other staff still supporting the nation during this crisis?

Btw, the hard left are on the fringes now, Keir Starmer is in charge and is as far removed from the hard left as New Labour were

For someone who considers me to be a halfwit and a daft old c**t you sure hang on to my every word.
Just ignore me. You shouldn't find that difficult. You ignore everything that the team fighting this crisis are trying to do or say, so I'm in good company. it's quite flattering really.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:03 pm 

TalbotAvenger wrote:
derwent wrote:

Did you watch yesterday’s shite show of a press conference? Can you defend that piss poor performance?

How about this?
Health Secretary, Matt Hancock: "We have more people than Italy, that's why we have more deaths.”
Germany has more people than the UK, yet it has 8,000 fewer deaths.

I think the majority people have praised the actions of the chancellor, but does any of the above warrant ‘praise’

See my previous answer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:10 pm 

Yes derwent you can see in a post germany being used as a benchmark and not spain.

Keep up giving your opinion much better than an echo chamber.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:18 pm 
derwent wrote:
TalbotAvenger wrote:
derwent wrote:

For someone who considers me to be a halfwit and a daft old c**t you sure hang on to my every word.
Just ignore me. You shouldn't find that difficult. You ignore everything that the team fighting this crisis are trying to do or say, so I'm in good company. it's quite flattering really.

I’m not ignoring, I’m watching it with my jaw dropping to the floor
I don’t hang on to your every word, you fucking spunk mop, I’d just like you, if you could, to tell me why they are still lying about the PPE shortages, why they are now passing the blame back to the NHS staff and specialist advisors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:20 pm 
derwent wrote:
poolie wrote:

Cases = 1,797,229
Deaths = 109,288
Recovered = 406,118

Spain = 355
Italy = 322
Belguim = 311
France = 212
Holland =154
Uk = 145

Stop it and I mean now. You will make the experts on here really angry. They only want news that justifies their government bashing.
I would love to report that a certain hospital near where I live discharged two patients yesterday as cured and didn't have any admissions to take their place but that'll be fake news so I won't say a word.

Nearly a thousand dead yesterday, yeah let’s not hold them to account, you are a fucking Tory shill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:33 pm 

poolie wrote:

Cases = 1,797,229
Deaths = 109,288
Recovered = 406,118

Spain = 355
Italy = 322
Belguim = 311
France = 212
Holland =154
Uk = 145

You can't really base anything on stats like that until it's over. We're at different stages to Spain and Italy at least a couple of weeks behind and already have more people dying than did during the worst days in those countries, it's pretty much accepted that the UK will be the worst hit country in Europe because of the lack of action weeks ago.

I have just read a thread on Twitter which lays bare how wrong they got it comparing us to the one country we can best; Ireland. They started at the same time as us but were locking down while we were still staging concerts, Cheltenham and everyone was going down the pub.

Ireland has had 324 deaths or 6.5 deaths per one hundred thousand people, the UK on the other hand has 14.81 deaths per one hundred thousand people. In others words the UK has 2.5 times more deaths, over double the rate of Ireland. I think that highlights the cost of heard immunity compared to Ireland's stricter and probably most important sooner lock down, they have more than halved our deaths by putting the preservation of human life first.

Look it up it's by Lainey Doyle. She has no political bias she lives in Ireland, it is eye opening for those walking around with their eyes closed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:57 pm 

Pj the figures i used are the benchmark worldwide all you have done is reduce 1 crucial figure regarding population, if the world thought taking 100,000 would be more relective im sure they would have.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:02 pm 

PJPoolie wrote:

You can't really base anything on stats like that until it's over.
[/quote]

What about the stats you post PJ?? sctatchinghead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:06 pm 

I didn’t post them it was a lady called Lainey Doyle but it was explained why the UK and Ireland are a fair comparisons. They are our closest neighbours and we’re at exactly the same stage not weeks behind like Italy and Spain. Ireland are doing a far better job at keeping people alive, why do you think that is?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:10 pm 

If anyone is interested in figures for the world with this ongoing shitstorm.

worldometers.info

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:20 pm 

But you have to go by population because every one is at risk.

Irelands population is 4.9 million, london alone is 10 million and if you include demograghics and remove london from the figures you get a much lower death figure around the rest of the Uk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:44 pm 

On the 3rd day he rose, and on the 7th he had a complete discharge from hospital after government ministers repeatedly told the public he was in ICU. While the PM must have been ill with the virus, if he was in ICU he would have been at death’s door. You don’t go from deaths door on Day 3 to home on Day 7, particularly if you also happen to be the Prime Minister.

Lying bastards !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:59 pm 

Madjohn im not posting figures as good news there is no good news however its figures that people are terrified off.
As an example an article in the guardian claimed 66,134 people are going to die in the uk how the @uck would the person know who wrote this and why did it go to print or is it the narative they want their readers to read to terrify them, its not just the guardian how ever.
Yes the government should be critizised and held to account but shouting gets you no where it just drowns the message

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:20 pm 

Poolie. What a breath of fresh air. Somebody showing that analysis isn't about gathering only information that underlines your dislike of a political party. It all has to be considered and like for every governments response to this emergency, it will be a mixed bag.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next