Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:36 pm
Posts: 458
TalbotAvenger wrote:
Pooly_Imp wrote:
I'll do nothing of the sort. I will tell you what boils my blood and its got nothing to do with which way you lean boyo.

My kids learnt at primary school to respect the opinions of others and the art of discussing subjects as a civilised human being. Seems a lot have forgotten those VERY basic skills

I know lots of people who voted conservative and lots who voted Labour. What do they all have in common? They are ALL decent people, compassionate, kind, intelligent and genuine. Exactly the same goes fot Brexit. This triggered toxicity has to stop, here and everywhere.


Any fucker who voted Tory after the past decade of doing over the NHS, cheering the rejection of pay rises and overseeing doctors going on strike and then clapped them is a c.unt


You know when you get a reply to a post and it says more about the 'qualities' of the author than it does the subject.

But hey, why should we judge people on their qualities. Simply ask which way they voted. That'll root out the baddies. :laugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 15421
Thar platitude ridden glorious comeback statement has turned my stomach as well.

Peddling the delusion that we are doing well. What planet does he think we are on?

No obvious plan moving forward.

No accountability or acknowledgement for catastrophic errors thar have cost thousands of lives.

No mention of PPE.

If you are taken in by this desperate conman then you are a mug. He’s Trump with a posh accent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 am 
Of course he is. But he is mr teflon. Nothing sticks to teflon. Nothing.

And never will stick when there are enough people that believe in the idiot.

Of course no matter how dumb trump is and says, millions of thick americans love him regardless. He could murder a million babies and throw puppies into acid and they would still love him.

It's amazing what some can get away with.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 am 
He actually said we're winning.

Mind boggling.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:06 am 
Whoever thought the world would be in the state it is over a pandemic?

But that's nothing compared to the question of how we ended up with trump and johnson.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 15421
“Many people will be looking at our apparent success”

“We defied so many predictions”

It’s repulsive, an insult to the dead and their families. It’s straight out of the Trump textbook as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:08 am 
But some even on here agree. So there are people out there considering this a success.

I wonder these people consider failure.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:46 am 
Country is absolutely screwed. Its unfathonable.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:25 pm
Posts: 20990
I guess the frustrating thing for the critics of Boris is that he's made of impenetrable material when it comes the nonsenical criticism. At least they can enjoy pontificating even if it is pointless. Boris is back!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:48 am 
In his mind he is a superhero wresting a huge mugger to the ground and defeating him. In reality he was a fat lazy old gadge in a hospital bed breathing through an oxygen mask. If that's your hero you must have the bar set really low.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:54 am 
Not only is the bar set low, 20,000 deaths appears to be a mere bagatelle.

In any other world event or financial issue, or even a poor performing football manager Mr I would be calling for the resignation of the person at the top.

Different rules for this fella though eh?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:56 am 
But he's back!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:57 am 
This all happened on his watch. If a corporation performed this badly the man at the top would resign.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:57 am 
Or even arrested.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 15421
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
I guess the frustrating thing for the critics of Boris is that he's made of impenetrable material when it comes the nonsenical criticism. At least they can enjoy pontificating even if it is pointless. Boris is back!


‘Nonsensical criticism’ :laugh: :laugh:

Pointless pontificating.

People are dying.

The criticism is justified and backed up by substance and evidence. Something your posts are devoid of.

On what level which will stand up to any sort of scrutiny have the government had apparent success unless he was looking to wipe out loads of people due to reckless inaction?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 8392
PJPoolie wrote:
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Some anger management training required for Mr Afar, he’s on full shouty mode permanently.


You and the few others defending the government act as if we have nothing to be angry or concerned about at the same time as offering no substance on the covid-19 situation other than deflection of blame and changing the subject altogether. You aren’t actually saying anything which is telling. I suppose it’s hard to defend the indefensible.

People are dying as a direct result of the Prime Minister and his government continued inaction and gross negligence in February and March whilst he was distracted about the only thing that he thought mattered, Brexit. No amount of avoiding the subject will change this or how he and his cabinet will be viewed by history. If you cannot acknowledge this then your head is seriously wedged in the sand and needs removing.

Predictably the narrative in the gutter press today is that the Boris is back to save the day, loathsome stuff totally ignoring the irreparable damage he and his advisers have caused, you can't get much more irreparable than death. It's outright subterfuge, buck passing propaganda. We can only hope that a genuine independent public enquiry is conducted after this and those who deserve to face the music for the grave errors made and ignorance towards the way the rest of the World responded to this pandemic. Cases in Qatar have totally one through the roof in the last few days, I have completely lost my sense of smell of taste, it's bizarre I cannot taste or smell a thing it's something I have never experienced before. It's a symptom but other than that I have no others. Nothing is stopping me going to Doha Airport now getting on flight to Heathrow and getting off at the other end completely unchecked, heading straight onto the London Underground and working my way back North. Nothing, no checks, nobody will even take my temperature. We have stricter measures here to enter a supermarket (temperature screening, you must wear gloves and a mask) than you do to enter the UK which has the second highest amount of deaths in the World, All hail fucking Boris no wonder people are angry.....


If you think you have the symptons, Pj there are a couple of things stopping you going to Doha Airport.
You would stop yourself because you wouldn't want to pass it on. Common sense would also stop you.
Only somebody with a complete lack of common sense would stupidly travel to Doha airport, from there to Heathrow, take the underground to Kings Cross and jump on a Grand central train to Hartlepool, if they had the slightest suspicion that they might have the disease.
If somebody actually did that would you consider accusing them of potential manslaughter.
I hope you haven't got it but if you have good luck with beating the bastard thing.
I suggest you try and get tested.

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 15421
I’d suggest you don’t take every post literally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 8392
PJPoolie wrote:
I’d suggest you don’t take every post literally.


I'm not sure how to take a post where someone suggests he might have the symptons, other than literally. As you are continuously pointing out the seriousness of this crisis I hardly expected you to be making it up or, God forbid, joking.
But if you haven't got any symptons then that's a better scenario.

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 15421
I have lost my sense of smell and taste but I am not going to go on the journey suggested I am just saying nothing would stop me in The Uk airports making that journey, which is absurd.

Did that really need to be explained? I was using it to highlight a point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 8392
PJPoolie wrote:
I have lost my sense of smell and taste but I am not going to go on the journey suggested I am just saying nothing would stop me in The Uk airports making that journey, which is absurd.

Did that really need to be explained? I was using it to highlight a point.


And all I am doing is pointing out that you don't need officialdom to prevent you from using your common sense. Under the same circumstances any of us could go out of our houses to the supermarket, on a walk or whatever but I would like to think common sense would stop us.
You could take the journey you described to underline your point but would you if you thought you could pass it on.
It would take a very callous, sick person to undertake such a journey knowing he could be causing death by his actions.

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:35 pm 
:laugh:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:02 pm
Posts: 1223
Location: Barnestoneworth
PJPoolie wrote:
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
I guess the frustrating thing for the critics of Boris is that he's made of impenetrable material when it comes the nonsenical criticism. At least they can enjoy pontificating even if it is pointless. Boris is back!


‘Nonsensical criticism’ :laugh: :laugh:

Pointless pontificating.

People are dying.

The criticism is justified and backed up by substance and evidence. Something your posts are devoid of.

On what level which will stand up to any sort of scrutiny have the government had apparent success unless he was looking to wipe out loads of people due to reckless inaction?


He's winding you up. Given Mr I's track record of being a wind-up merchant that is. Can't see the appeal in it myself

If he truly believes Boris is doing a good job (which he doesn't, he just posts daft statuses to wind people up) then I have real pity for the fella.

This forum used to routinely mock Twitter for the stuff that would be said on there. This place is 100 times worse at the minute. There are some good posts that are shot down without any foundation. Its the same people with the vapid responses. I still read (god only knows why) but rarely post. It's no surprise that most of the old posters no longer post on here with some of the embarrassing shit that masquerades as responses

_________________
When did it fall apart? Sometime in the 80s.
When the great and good gave way to the greedy and the mean


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 pm
Posts: 587
derwent wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
I have lost my sense of smell and taste but I am not going to go on the journey suggested I am just saying nothing would stop me in The Uk airports making that journey, which is absurd.

Did that really need to be explained? I was using it to highlight a point.


And all I am doing is pointing out that you don't need officialdom to prevent you from using your common sense. Under the same circumstances any of us could go out of our houses to the supermarket, on a walk or whatever but I would like to think common sense would stop us.
You could take the journey you described to underline your point but would you if you thought you could pass it on.
It would take a very callous, sick person to undertake such a journey knowing he could be causing death by his actions.


Or an unknowingly sick person. Someone who has contracted the coronavirus but has remained asymptomatic, or even just happens to still be in the incubation period. You can't possibly blame someone like that for wanting to travel home. Yet the option still remains that people can do so, despite it being clear for weeks now that you can unwittingly spread the virus.

You're also overestimating the number of people of who both have common sense, and choose to act on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:35 pm
Posts: 25275
PJPoolie wrote:
I have lost my sense of smell and taste but I am not going to go on the journey suggested I am just saying nothing would stop me in The Uk airports making that journey, which is absurd.

Did that really need to be explained? I was using it to highlight a point.


Youre being trolled here, im certain.

_________________
Michaelbarron ‏@Mickyb22
@9howie yes defo I need my mate for golf and social ‪#bessiemate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:38 pm 
Awful this, just shows how quickly it can hit:

https://twitter.com/TVRav/status/125468 ... 13440?s=20


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:03 pm 
My mates lass is a nurse, had a cough over weekend, was told she needed a test. The best they can offer her is Penrith tomorrow afternoon. That's how organised we are. Sending nurses with a potentially killer virus on a 4 hour round trip over the Pennines, for a test 2 days after she reported symptoms, on her own in a car.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:05 pm 
There's a testing centre at Ikea near the metrocentre (which is always empty). How come she can't just go there?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:14 pm 
https://www.ft.com/content/0ccaac50-854 ... a289098206

Very interesting read


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:15 pm 
Javed Miandad Stance wrote:
My mates lass is a nurse, had a cough over weekend, was told she needed a test. The best they can offer her is Penrith tomorrow afternoon. That's how organised we are. Sending nurses with a potentially killer virus on a 4 hour round trip over the Pennines, for a test 2 days after she reported symptoms, on her own in a car.

Yeh but capacity innit?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:34 pm 
yloop wrote:
There's a testing centre at Ikea near the metrocentre (which is always empty). How come she can't just go there?


Dunno, that's where they sent her and she wasn't fucking happy bout it. She's off on the sick now so probably spent the day taking parcels in for you. Ask her when you pick them up.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:34 pm 
I'd give your parcels a rub with bleach if I was you .


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:36 pm
Posts: 458
What Boris said today is rubbish. Its in utter conflict w with the truth. We are not all in it togethet. If you're in the wrong profession you're far more at risk. Mouthing on about the importance of social distancing, even with people who have no symptoms then downplaying it if you are one of the people who have to break it because of their job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 pm 
It was a disappointing speech given how long he had to prepare it. Still no exit plan and its left to the likes of Greggs and the Premier League to take the lead on getting things back to some sort of normality.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:49 pm 
Of course we are not all in this together. Just patronising garbage from the king of spin.

Most saying it are either politicians, celebrities doctors scientists tv journos.

All of whom are either already rich or have very safe jobs when all this over. The galling ones are the few scientists creaming themselves over a pandemic. And then telling everyone the lockdown might be needed for a year with no concept of the average person's circumstance debt job security
None of them will lose their jobs in the recession coming.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 11
Just read this in a letter to tomorrow's Guardian

“Tory Voters.
At the next election.

Stay Home.
Protect the NHS.
Save lives.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:29 pm 
Javed Miandad Stance wrote:
yloop wrote:
There's a testing centre at Ikea near the metrocentre (which is always empty). How come she can't just go there?


Dunno, that's where they sent her and she wasn't fucking happy bout it. She's off on the sick now so probably spent the day taking parcels in for you. Ask her when you pick them up.


She live next door to me like?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:36 pm
Posts: 458
I've read on here that people will vote conservative until they realise they need actually compassionate people in power (or words to that effect). Well today is that very day for me (although I went Lib Dem).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:55 pm 
Nothing wrong with lib dems.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:04 pm 
My old man lives next door but he wont take any more parcels in for you due to the sheer volume.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 pm 
Said it was like you were ordering a 1000 piece jigsaw piece by piece.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:34 am
Posts: 615
Javed Miandad Stance wrote:
In his mind he is a superhero wresting a huge mugger to the ground and defeating him.


Well, he has the same shade of hair as Hulk Hogan did...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:40 pm 
Javed Miandad Stance wrote:
My old man lives next door but he wont take any more parcels in for you due to the sheer volume.


Lives next door to you?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:05 pm 
I defy anyone to watch Panorama tonight and then defend this lot. 1 billion pieces of PPE delivered they boast without saying half of that figure is single plastic gloves and some of it is paper towels. Absolutely shocking.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:06 pm 
yloop wrote:
Javed Miandad Stance wrote:
My old man lives next door but he wont take any more parcels in for you due to the sheer volume.


Lives next door to you?


All Im saying is you need to start taking a few in for other people. All one way traffic at present mate.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 pm 
Javed Miandad Stance wrote:
yloop wrote:
Javed Miandad Stance wrote:
My old man lives next door but he wont take any more parcels in for you due to the sheer volume.


Lives next door to you?


All Im saying is you need to start taking a few in for other people. All one way traffic at present mate.


:laugh: your old mans either a Mid 20’s single lad or a young hippy couple


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:25 pm 
My brother is in there at the moment, my old man having a few weeks away from the stress of the whole situation.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 am
Posts: 12974
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridge
Watching from afar wrote:
Of course we are not all in this together. Just patronising garbage from the king of spin.

Most saying it are either politicians, celebrities doctors scientists tv journos.

All of whom are either already rich or have very safe jobs when all this over. The galling ones are the few scientists creaming themselves over a pandemic. And then telling everyone the lockdown might be needed for a year with no concept of the average person's circumstance debt job security
None of them will lose their jobs in the recession coming.


What’s wrong with the normal scientists like me simply doing their jobs what’s asked of them. Yes I will still be I a job yes I will have helped but we where doing what was told and acting in a very changeable days work now it’s coming to a basic normality. Stop banging on the scientists when we go with no opinion than just trying best for everyone

_________________
"Whenever you're feeling stupid just remember, some people believe the Earth is 6000 years old"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:25 pm
Posts: 20990
Don’t confuse them with reason and reality Mr Compo. You have to follow the party line that everything that’s being done is poor and of course adhere to the view that Boris is the anti Christ. Otherwise you’re an uncaring capitalist Who is directly responsible for [insert number here] deaths or a troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:32 pm 
Compo wrote:

What’s wrong with the normal scientists like me simply doing their jobs what’s asked of them. Yes I will still be I a job yes I will have helped but we where doing what was told and acting in a very changeable days work now it’s coming to a basic normality. Stop banging on the scientists when we go with no opinion than just trying best for everyone


Compo I very carefully said the few scientists doing this. Like that neil ferguson fella. So far I haven't seen you interviewed on the tv telling us the world is ending as we know it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boris
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:33 pm 
Mr Irrelevant wrote:
Don’t confuse them with reason and reality Mr Compo. You have to follow the party line that everything that’s being done is poor and of course adhere to the view that Boris is the anti Christ. Otherwise you’re an uncaring capitalist Who is directly responsible for [insert number here] deaths or a troll.


I will leave others to respond to this nonsense.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Gadgies online

Dodgepots browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  







The Bunker. The only HUFC forum with correct spelling and grammar.