Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: How will Spennymoor Town do?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:18 pm 

I see Spennymoor have been drawn at home to Telford in the FA Trophy, interesting to see how they will do?

I was ill so did not go to our game Saturday, my mate went to Spenny (for the 1st time as he has just moved there). Said they played well & dominated Sutton especially in the Second half, Sutton just could not keep up despite the young kid they had in goal pulling off some very good saves.

The contrast in the two clubs fortunes is quite remarkable, 2005/2006 we were in L1, Moors were in the Northern League.
i often go the Spennymoor when Pools are'nt on, their players play for the club & have a bit of guts and pride. Ours don't, many are saying we seem to lack the energy or the fitness of part time clubs, Spennymoor's players certainly seem fitter when I have seen them as did those of Telfords?

The only comfort is we have a club to support when we might not of, the worry for me is how long will Raj Singh stay onboard (hopefully he will & speculate further to accumulate in the long run), our paracute payments end this season. I would imagine our budget next year will be well below that of this year, Raj is a businessman he is not running a charity after all .