Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 624
Netted for Gateshead v Grimsby after only 7 minutes tonight.

Great touch and diagonal run followed by a decent finish. Looked like a true pro. Can't ever remember him scoring for Pools. And he never looked good.

Phil Turnbull and Ben Clark also playing.

Currently one all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
He was prolific.
















Against Walsall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:56 pm
Posts: 9184
Location: nearest takeaway
the defence wasn't that day

_________________
Come on Pools


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
1 goal in 60 appearances for Pools against everyone apart from Walsall, 3 in 3 against Walsall!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
1-1 good result for them. Didn't fook up in away leg like some teams we know.

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:00 am
Posts: 20496
horden wrote:
1-1 good result for them. Didn't fook up in away leg like some teams we know.


Who?

_________________
I'd recommend a more stealthy plan than googling 'afternoon tea dog'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 am
Posts: 4500
horden wrote:
1-1 good result for them. Didn't fook up in away leg like some teams we know.


Who? sctatchinghead


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
I'd imagine the target will be the target of most if his digs; Pools.

I'd like to think in the play offs we've been as equally adapt at fucking up both legs, we even out of fairness did it in the final once.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
Tree_With_Hamster wrote:
horden wrote:
1-1 good result for them. Didn't fook up in away leg like some teams we know.


Who?

You tell me

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
Yous are unreal, call yourself footy fan/pools fans. I give you Blackpool,Darlo, Bristol City, Cheltenham, beaten in every game !!

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
PJPoolie wrote:
I'd imagine the target will be the target of most if his digs; Pools.

I'd like to think in the play offs we've been as equally adapt at fucking up both legs, we even out of fairness did it in the final once.


You are just jealous cos i predicted what would happen this season :laugh:

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:10 pm
Posts: 1092
Has tripledick got another alias?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

_________________
Get your shit and get out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
horden wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
I'd imagine the target will be the target of most if his digs; Pools.

I'd like to think in the play offs we've been as equally adapt at fucking up both legs, we even out of fairness did it in the final once.


You are just jealous cos i predicted what would happen this season :laugh:


I thought you said we'd finish 3rd bottom?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
horden wrote:
Yous are unreal, call yourself footy fan/pools fans. I give you Blackpool,Darlo, Bristol City, Cheltenham, beaten in every game !!


Also factually incorrect, we did not lose at Cheltenham the score was 1-1. I'd say of all our play offs woes the only times we've really fooked up away from home and not done ourselves justice were the Blackpool game when we we got well beaten in both legs but especially never got a kick on a roasting day during the first leg (which is the only time to date we've actually played the first leg away first) and ironically Tranmere were it took us 105 minutes to start even playing anything like, if it wasn't for Dimi that night I doubt we'd have made extra time never mind Cardiff.

So it could be argued that the only time we've ever reached the final is when we won our home game against Tranmere (when we fooked up the away leg) so it's been more down to not making that leg count than the trickier on paper away game.

Oh and yes I'd call all the people who've replied to this thread Pools and footy fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 624
...still... Good news about Col Larkin's goal though eh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:00 am
Posts: 20496
Chip always amazes me you remember people's quotes from months ago so well. Write all the outlandish ones down?

_________________
I'd recommend a more stealthy plan than googling 'afternoon tea dog'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 5643
Location: Following Hartlepool's number one golfist Tiger Woods
I used to like Larkin when he played for Pools, all he did was run a lot but I always really wanted the bloke to score whenever he got on the pitch even though there was little hope of it happening.

_________________
Lard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:44 am 
Chip Fireball wrote:
He certainly wasn't the worst player I've seen in a Pools shirt. In fact he was far from being the worst player at the club when he was here.

His wife was decent an all.


What position did she play?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:46 am
Posts: 16532
Location: The people's democratic illegal republic of Catalonia
PJPoolie wrote:
ironically Tranmere were it took us 105 minutes to start even playing anything like, if it wasn't for Dimi that night I doubt we'd have made extra time never mind Cardiff.

To be fair, Dimi only counterbalanced Scotty's Tinkler fuck-up in the same match.

_________________
No, your children are not the special ones.
(Nor is your dog.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:42 pm 
Scooty out!! :evil:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 3185
alienlife wrote:
I used to like Larkin when he played for Pools, all he did was run a lot but I always really wanted the bloke to score whenever he got on the pitch even though there was little hope of it happening.


Ideally he would have carried Boydy on his back, and then when he got in to a good position he would let Boydy off to finish the chance.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 624
In the playoff final with Gateshead. Won the second leg.

Play Cambridge in final


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:00 am
Posts: 20496
Pooliegan wrote:
In the playoff final with Gateshead. Won the second leg.

Play Cambridge in final


Wen did this happen??

_________________
I'd recommend a more stealthy plan than googling 'afternoon tea dog'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
PJPoolie wrote:
horden wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
I'd imagine the target will be the target of most if his digs; Pools.

I'd like to think in the play offs we've been as equally adapt at fucking up both legs, we even out of fairness did it in the final once.


You are just jealous cos i predicted what would happen this season :laugh:


I thought you said we'd finish 3rd bottom?


14-18th I think. I know I was wrong :angry-screaming:

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
PJPoolie wrote:
horden wrote:
Yous are unreal, call yourself footy fan/pools fans. I give you Blackpool,Darlo, Bristol City, Cheltenham, beaten in every game !!


Also factually incorrect, we did not lose at Cheltenham the score was 1-1. I'd say of all our play offs woes the only times we've really fooked up away from home and not done ourselves justice were the Blackpool game when we we got well beaten in both legs but especially never got a kick on a roasting day during the first leg (which is the only time to date we've actually played the first leg away first) and ironically Tranmere were it took us 105 minutes to start even playing anything like, if it wasn't for Dimi that night I doubt we'd have made extra time never mind Cardiff.



So it could be argued that the only time we've ever reached the final is when we won our home game against Tranmere (when we fooked up the away leg) so it's been more down to not making that leg count than the trickier on paper away game.

Oh and yes I'd call all the people who've replied to this thread Pools and footy fans.


Jesus wept banghead

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
Tree_With_Hamster wrote:
Chip always amazes me you remember people's quotes from months ago so well. Write all the outlandish ones down?


Only remembers the quotes he can use to belittle someone.

Has a selective memory when people prove him wrong.

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
horden wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
horden wrote:
Yous are unreal, call yourself footy fan/pools fans. I give you Blackpool,Darlo, Bristol City, Cheltenham, beaten in every game !!


Also factually incorrect, we did not lose at Cheltenham the score was 1-1. I'd say of all our play offs woes the only times we've really fooked up away from home and not done ourselves justice were the Blackpool game when we we got well beaten in both legs but especially never got a kick on a roasting day during the first leg (which is the only time to date we've actually played the first leg away first) and ironically Tranmere were it took us 105 minutes to start even playing anything like, if it wasn't for Dimi that night I doubt we'd have made extra time never mind Cardiff.



So it could be argued that the only time we've ever reached the final is when we won our home game against Tranmere (when we fooked up the away leg) so it's been more down to not making that leg count than the trickier on paper away game.

Oh and yes I'd call all the people who've replied to this thread Pools and footy fans.


Jesus wept banghead


Why do you even bother following Pools you obviously don't enjoy it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
This is one of my favorites from this season;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52121&p=643901&hilit=over+hyped#p643901

:shock: stpid stpid

On this thread he's accused people of not being Pools or football fans because they didn't realise he was having a pointless dig at Pools which was factually incorrect. What sort of mentality is that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: East Durham Riviera
PJPoolie wrote:
This is one of my favorites from this season;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52121&p=643901&hilit=over+hyped#p643901

:shock: stpid stpid

On this thread he's accused people of not being Pools or football fans because they didn't realise he was having a pointless dig at Pools which was factually incorrect. What sort of mentality is that?


:lol: Keyboard warriors :angry-tappingfoot:

And to answer your question, no I very rarely enjoy it, i go to see my team win, they rarely do, so why would I enjoy it?

_________________
Capitalism is in crisis. What comes next is up to us...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:04 pm
Posts: 2190
Location: The Town End
Well if you go to see your team win often then erm Pools isnt for you unfortunately :laugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colin Larkin
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 14401
horden wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:
This is one of my favorites from this season;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52121&p=643901&hilit=over+hyped#p643901

:shock: stpid stpid

On this thread he's accused people of not being Pools or football fans because they didn't realise he was having a pointless dig at Pools which was factually incorrect. What sort of mentality is that?


:lol: Keyboard warriors :angry-tappingfoot:

And to answer your question, no I very rarely enjoy it, i go to see my team win, they rarely do, so why would I enjoy it?


Compared to everyone else who turns up in hope we lose? Can I recommend Man City or Chelsea as viable options? How utterly bizzare to dedicate time to something that you admit you don't enjoy.

It would be harder work for you to find angles for pointless digs at the club if they won more so that would be no good.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Gadgies online

Dodgepots browsing this forum: Bougainville and 55 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  







The Bunker. The only HUFC forum with correct spelling and grammar.